Non house decks?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 worldeater

worldeater

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:16 AM

I haven't done the research because I don't feel like scanning hundreds of threads. Can you make a deck with nothing but unaffiliated cards? Or do you have to have a house card? 

#2 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:36 AM

Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion

A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#3 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:18 AM

worldeater said:

I haven't done the research because I don't feel like scanning hundreds of threads. Can you make a deck with nothing but unaffiliated cards? Or do you have to have a house card? 
There's not much research to be done. The rules of the game say:

"Each player chooses to play one of the six Great
Houses, and this choice is signified by that player’s
House card."

So yeah, you have to have a House card. You're in a heck of a lot of trouble if you don't have one since that's where you accumulate power (that you don't put on characters) and, if you want to play an agenda, you have to have something to attach the agenda to.

Luckily, as shown, the Neutral Faction gives you an option other than the 6 Great Houses. You have 7 choices for House card, but you must have one of those 7 in order to play the game.

#4 worldeater

worldeater

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:18 AM

Thanks for the information. I am still new to the game and I had never seen the neutral faction card until today. Thanks again for pointing that out for me. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS