• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Obetor

Obetor

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:57 PM

Hey
My players are making an all xenos team. I like the idea but I’m afraid that their skill/talent range is too narrow.
So far my team is two Orks and one Dark Eldar Wych (using The Dark Kin rules) and maybe a Dark Eldar Kabalite Warrior.

Any advices

- Erik

#2 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:41 AM

Obetor said:

Hey
My players are making an all xenos team. I like the idea but I’m afraid that their skill/talent range is too narrow.
So far my team is two Orks and one Dark Eldar Wych (using The Dark Kin rules) and maybe a Dark Eldar Kabalite Warrior.

Any advices

- Erik

Suggest one of the ork players go with a Mek or Weirdboy to give the team some variety. Maybe suggest that the Kabalite Warrior specialize in Piloting…? Another possibility is a Kroot with lots of wilderness skills to serve as the party's 'ranger'. Beyond that, there really isn't much you can do with the currently available line-up of xeno careers to add non-combat-focused specialties…

#3 Obetor

Obetor

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:21 AM

I was thinking that I would take the traits from the Xenos career and move I to one of the other careers.
So an ork Kaptin career is the Rogue Trader career with ork traits

- Erik

#4 Cultadium

Cultadium

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:21 AM

Jokaero? --Orangatans-- Kind of a combination build of techpriest, and Mek. Won't do anything except in the name of survival (food) and have no language yet have high  technology skills, maybe one of the orks always has a ready supply of bananas. You could also make it an NPC that generally hangs back and just does the technogizmo stuff when required.

#5 Cryhavok

Cryhavok

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

I would let them suffer from their choice of characters. Have them cope with their lack of talents and see how creative they got in covering their weaknesses. They could do things like hire/enslave npcs to fill certain roles that they utterly lack. Could make for some interesting role playing.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS