barrel actions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sserre

sserre

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:47 PM

I don't know if its against the rules or not, but does anyone have tried a imperial ship with secret handling + standard barrel action
Barrel action is great, but if you have a ship that can do both even better. anyone tested that yet in a battle?

i did not had the oppurtunity to play it yet, just bought it.

#2 DavicusPrime

DavicusPrime

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:20 AM

I was all set to use that combo it in a dual scenario between Maarek Stele+Concussion Missile vs Luke Skywalker+R2-D2 but he never target locked me.

I learned quickly that Maarek's special ability to pick the crittical he inflicts is awesome.  But expert handling remains untested in my household.

-DavicusPrime

#3 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 894 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:14 AM

If you haven't already, read this battle report. I played one game where this strategy was insanely useful.

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#4 magadizer

magadizer

• Members
  • 908 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

I'm pretty sure there is a rules forum thread about this. It should be against the rules because you are using the same action twice. Some people probably dispute that but I bet it will be spelled out in the FAQ once they release it.

Be seeing you.

#5 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 894 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:08 AM

magadizer said:

I'm pretty sure there is a rules forum thread about this. It should be against the rules because you are using the same action twice. Some people probably dispute that but I bet it will be spelled out in the FAQ once they release it.

Woops, Madadizer is right. I misread the original post. We're all pretty sure you can't use your Barrel Roll action and Expert Handling in the same turn in order to Barrel Roll twice. Expert Handling is essentially granting you a free Barrel Roll action, and the rules expressly state that you can't take the same action twice, even a free action (page 9). But I don't want to get into another discussion about that here because there is another discussion elsewhere.

I used Expert Handling on my TIEs with Barrel Roll so I could ditch the enemy target locks without acquiring stress, and it was stellar!

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS