• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 WWPDSteven

WWPDSteven

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

Hey guys, posted up my first "real" game of X-Wing on my website wwpd.net

You can find the full article and tons of pics here: javascript:void(0);/*1348451903144*/ 

Here are two preview pics:

And again the full article is here: javascript:void(0);/*1348451958366*/

#2 Harleequin

Harleequin

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

Wow I love the astroids and the fire! can you tell me the materials you made them out of / or a website you got them from? If you made them yourself is there a tutorial ? Great job, I'm totally going to try to make those, I've been looking for 3D astroids, and I think I found my source.

#3 WWPDSteven

WWPDSteven

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

No problem!

The mat is by a company called "Hotz Mats".  If you google it they'll come up.

The asteroids are actually some sponge just torn up to shape then spray painted black.  I actually plan to redo some more asteroids soon that are more brown so they standout a bit better.

Really getting into X-Wing!  We'll probably have some regular articles on WWPD .net

#4 Harleequin

Harleequin

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:26 PM

are the mats on the website solid? Or can I roll them up easily for storage? I ask because I usually play at my local game shop and it would be a pain to even try to bring a giant hard board there every time, but at the same time the tables aren't that large (though they have plywood I can easily lay down) Also if they easily rolled up, to they start to curve at the ends if you roll them up?

Thanks for the info on the astroid, I'll probably run out tomorrow to get some sponges! They're just regular yellow sponge with black spray paint right? Any special molding technique?

#5 WWPDSteven

WWPDSteven

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

It's been so long since I got the sponges I forget- if you have trouble spraying them black, soak them in black paint/water mix.  You can buy cheap black paint from a hobby store!  Sorry, I just don't remember they're old hehe

The mat is silk screened felt.  I own several, all rolled up.  Have also had them for many years and they aren't showing any signs of wear.

#6 farrlinn

farrlinn

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:06 PM

Love it!

By the way, you can get make it stone spray paint online or at Michales craft store.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS