I WANT MORE TOKENS

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

As I do have only one coreset I often don't have enough resource tokens late in the game. Also in the third Hobbit quest I don't have enough progress tokens. So I wonder if its not possible for FFG to add a handful of "5x" tokens in one of their upcoming expansions. A lot of quests nowadays require 15+ tokens, and a "5x" token would make it easier to keep count of your current progress.

I know this is just a minor thing, but then this wish is very easy to fulfill.

#2 wlk

wlk

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:09 AM

I just use 8,10 and 20 sided dices, more convenient that handling 20+ tokens on a single hero/quest card.

#3 muemakan

muemakan

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:30 AM

I could send you some left over tokens.

#4 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 812 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:38 AM

leptokurt said:

As I do have only one coreset I often don't have enough resource tokens late in the game. Also in the third Hobbit quest I don't have enough progress tokens. So I wonder if its not possible for FFG to add a handful of "5x" tokens in one of their upcoming expansions. A lot of quests nowadays require 15+ tokens, and a "5x" token would make it easier to keep count of your current progress.

Actually, this is something that surprised me when I first got into the LCGs, that each token you have is only representative of one unit (of progress/wound/whatever), whereas in their boardgames they do provide tokens with +5 on them. At first it wasn't a problem as you didn't seem to need them, as you'd be dead long before you had need of more than 5 wound markers, but as the game has evolved, and specifically with quests being long rambles with lots of progress needed, I think I'd like to see something like this addressed, too!

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#5 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:39 AM

yes i agree- on quest that have a large amount of progress and locations with the same it can be problem, same if you have steward of gondor and some other resource machine and dont spend any for a while

i usually use progress for resources as i cant use damage and either one for locations as i wont get mixed up there

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#6 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,067 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:55 AM

I use only damage tokens from lotr core set. For progress and resources much more easy and better use 6 roll dices. If you have10 or more progress tokens you must to count them every time but with dices you can see how many of them in one look. This make game more faster.

In my opinion 3 kind of different tokens Progress, damage and resources is just waist of time. Dices more easy, quickly and effective.

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#7 shipwreck

shipwreck

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:28 AM

In addition to di, you can buy wooden/plastic tokens either from FFG or other sources. They're not as pretty, as they're blank, but they are weightier and you can buy as many as you need.

The Grey Company; Master of Lore; & Frebooter Kommand are all things I work on.

#8 flightmaster101

flightmaster101

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 05:13 AM

leptokurt said:

Another thing they could add to that pack is the new "turn counter" token.  I end up using damage tokens to count my turns now, but if I was going to buy a new box I think I would want say 20 turn counters, or a turn counting dial or something.

#9 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 821 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:18 AM

flightmaster101 said:

Another thing they could add to that pack is the new "turn counter" token.  I end up using damage tokens to count my turns now, but if I was going to buy a new box I think I would want say 20 turn counters, or a turn counting dial or something.

This. I wonder if they could add some of this stuff into a future deluxe box or something eventually. Just some value 5's of all 3 different tokens, and a turn counter dial that's different from the threat dials, as to not confuse them.

Another good thing would be a few of a different colored 'generic' token, to use with stuff like Keeping Count. Basically, cards that need tokens placed on them for abilities. It says to use resource tokens I think, but there's been many times in the middle of a tense game where things are messy or get bumped and we have to remember exactly how many were keeping count tokens and how many were resources on a friend's Hero.

#10 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

Ok, I could use dice. Or ugly empty tokens. But since it was FFG who had the idea to support their players with these awesome tokens (and I really love those progress tokens!) , they're also responsible to provide us with more tokens. It's like selling a poker case with not enough chips in it. And it's really only a little effort for FFG, but a great reward for mankind. Which appareantly means that…

I STILL WANT MORE TOKENS!

#11 John85

John85

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 12:10 PM

I don't think many will like this suggestion (and I agree that some fives or more singles may be nice in APs or Deluxe Expansions, or as an accessory), but we could WRITE (I can see the cringing) a 5 or 3 on one side of the token.

#12 NotAZombie

NotAZombie

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

muemakan said:

Ill take those tokens :)

#13 muemakan

muemakan

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

NotAZombie said:

muemakan said:

Ill take those tokens :)

Where do you live?

#14 NotAZombie

NotAZombie

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

In Vancouver Washington 

#15 benhanses

benhanses

• Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:27 AM

NotAZombie said:

In Vancouver Washington 

Sweet!  Another Washingtonian player 

"... but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend...."       -Faramir, The Lord of the Rings, Book IV, The Window of the West)

"Since it is so likely that children will meet cruel enemies, let them at least have heard of brave knights and heroic courage."     - C.S. Lewis

#16 muemakan

muemakan

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

Hm, guess thats too expensive for me. I am located in Vienna, Austria.

#17 choppic

choppic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:43 AM

I made some stickers and stick them on my tokens to make counting easier.  

#18 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 01:08 AM

Wow, that looks awesome. So how did you do that? And why isn't it possible for FFG to make something like this?

#19 John85

John85

• Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 03:44 AM

They really could put one sheet of stickers in an AP or DP to add those 3s, 5s, or 10s to one side of several tokens. I'd be happy with that. Those "s" after the numbers make me think of 52, 70, and 140, anyone with me on that?

Choppic have/can you put those on BGG for DL?

#20 choppic

choppic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:14 AM

I'll post it on BBG on Monday 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS