Broken Ships?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 NathanPButler

NathanPButler

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

Anyone else end up with broken minis? My TIE Advanced expansion arrived from Miniature Market with one of its wings broken off. Granted, it was just a tiny bit of superglue to fix it nice and solidly, but I was pretty surprised at how relatively flimsy the actual minis are. Anyone else run into this with out-of-box items? 

#2 Stone

Stone

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

The wing of my Tie Advanced came off as I was attaching it to the stand.   Pretty flimsy.  It was easily fixed, though.  I have to wonder when the others are going to break.  

#3 Mazin1

Mazin1

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

I haven't received any broken ships but I do worry about my ships breaking. Especially the X wings.

• muirman likes this

#4 Harleequin

Harleequin

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

My ships haven't broken yet, but this is going to make me start a new thread as well perhaps, some of my minis are tilted. When I say that I mean they weren't put on their base correctly? and when they're standing, it's only slightly VERY VERY Slightly, they are tilted. For someone like me who is OCD about these things it's a huge issue. I can't use that piece without looking at it tilted the entire time, this happened with my tie fighter, and maybe with a tie advanced too, but I'm not completely sure on the advanced yet, I need to take a closer look.

#5 Baphomet69

Baphomet69

• Members
  • 429 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:02 PM

Maybe they are in a banking turn?

#6 Harleequin

Harleequin

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:37 AM

Baphomet69 said:

haha yeah I tried looking at it that way, still just bugs the crap out of me >_<

#7 FarkonGnome

FarkonGnome

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

Harleequin said:

Baphomet69 said:

haha yeah I tried looking at it that way, still just bugs the crap out of me >_<

My advanced Tie is like this as well, and I also suffer from OCD so I know what you mean…. It drive me batsh*t crazy to the point where i don't even field it sometimes (when my meds are still in my system I can do it but when they aren't it stays in the box).

#8 Harleequin

Harleequin

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

FarkonGnome said:

Harleequin said:

Baphomet69 said:

My advanced Tie is like this as well, and I also suffer from OCD so I know what you mean…. It drive me batsh*t crazy to the point where i don't even field it sometimes (when my meds are still in my system I can do it but when they aren't it stays in the box).

yeah I own 6 TIE fighters so I usually keep that one in, I'm going to see about contacting FFG to see if I can get an exchange…

#9 R5Don4

R5Don4

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

Mazin1 said:

I haven't received any broken ships but I do worry about my ships breaking. Especially the X wings.

Constantly, right?  At some point they are going to.

Great forum http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/index

Looking for a game in the Greater Toronto Area?  We can hook you up https://www.facebook...ups/6738327518/

#10 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

One of my TIEs is not facing directly forward. Also, I feel like I'm going to pull the pegs out of one of my X-Wings, so I punched a hole in the plastic shell it came in to leave the peg in. The TIE Advanced peg is very hard to pull out and there's not enough room between the wings to pinch the model with my medium-sized hands. Also, one of my Y-Wing's nacelles is off kilter.

Once I get a better storage solution, I will probably just leave the pegs in all the models.

#11 Pedrovader

Pedrovader

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

My 1st core set came with both tie fighter with 2 broken wings from Target.  Sadly  they did not swap me out a new game, they said I could have done that myself.  So when it went on sale this week I bought another one and got my $10 back from the 1st due to the date of the sale.  

#12 lokirising

lokirising

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:04 PM

I haven't broke any ships, but I did break the stand on one of my Y-Wings when I dropped it.

#13 LaughingTree

LaughingTree

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

Yes this is a problem. I played two great extremely fun 2v2 games tonight with my gaming group. Only downside was that two models broke a little. One of the tube riser things broke off inside a TIE Advanced and then one of the X-Wings broke one of the four exhaust ports.

I love these miniatures but they are a bit fragile, I recommend everyone be careful.

#14 Ixamos

Ixamos

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:44 PM

So far my figs has been great, nothing has broken. Just have to be EXTRA careful when playing. Rough players do stay away from this game . Anyhow I do have some X-Wing and TIE Fighters slightly tilted but doesn't bother me that much as long it's not broken **knock on wood**

#15 ThadiusCole

ThadiusCole

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:20 AM

I leave the models in the stands and store them in a box that has been sectioned up with cardboard.  Changing the ship base isn't that fiddly so my models are less likely to be broken unless I accidentally knock them off the table or something.

The wonky bits don't bother me that much since the models look so good anyway and when I play i don't really notice these imperfections.  I do agree the models are a little flimsy and I expect one of my X-Wing's laser cannons to break eventually.

#16 Raistlinrox

Raistlinrox

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:40 AM

Does normal super-glue work?  I glued plastic with it before and it actually got really REALLY hot!  I don't want to damage the TIE Advanced any more than it already is, with it's wings both broken off.

#17 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 01:44 AM

Wow. So old. Much necro.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH, 18 April 2014 - 01:48 AM.

I'm an angelic creature free of sin.

#18 Raistlinrox

Raistlinrox

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 03:19 AM

Yea, but what I need is an answer...lol.  Why start a new thread, when there is one similar..no matter if it's years old!!

#19 Gullwind

Gullwind

• Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 05:43 AM

Yes, super glue works just fine. Don't use too much, though.

If you still have problems with strength, drill a small hole in the body and a matching hole in the wing the size of a straight pin, then cut a small section out of a pin to hold it all together.

#20 TRamsey

TRamsey

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:31 AM

Plastuct works really well on FFG models.
It actually welds the broken parts together and allows you to adjust the parts till dry.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS