Im currently working on a session that sees acolytes docking at Port Maw after a mission on a desert planet where they have been trying to find a wanted man.
They will also have their first (subtle and unknowing) introduction to a chaos artefact as I like to keep it fairly low key to begin with (we've done 3 missions over 7 sessions). One of the players has an adept character who belongs to a noble house. This house has rivals and I intend to have a small 'first encounter' with them in this 'mission/chapter'. Im trying to get some ideas for how it will all pan out and how to habitate the place with realistic events and characters, making it believable and fairly busy. The encounter however I see taking place somewhere slightly more remote with almost no one else around but the PCs and their adversaries from the rival house.
Here is what I have so far…
Port Maw Imperial World/port (Aodhan/Aranth focus)
• The large port of
• Dispute over some goods
• Battlefleet docks at the port
• Mercenaries noticed by Minas’ character (scum)
• Mutants underground one can heal by touch another has set of eyes on the back of his head.
• Wanted criminal on the loose who stowed himself aboard a star ship.
• Reubens Bazaar Trader of exotic goods (ex-rogue trader) Lucius (large humanoid robot)
Someone tries to steal from the place after the acolytes have been in there for a little while. Reuben Blackrock calls out
‘Lucius, we appear to have someone who doesn’t want to pay…’
Out of an alcove a large form emerges approximately nine feet in height it turns towards the thief.
I found it on a planet in the Calixis Sector (Rogue Trader tells PCs)
Items/Gear available from Reubens (I want a few cool useful pieces but nothing too powerful)
Stasis Grenade: ‘You look like a man of more refined tastes. Here,..this is something that few ever get to see. I acquired this item when working with. He had paid me for the use of my ship to take him and three of his colleagues to Masali as they were on their way to a place called Ichar something or other, I was working a number of routes in the Ultima Segmentum at the time. Anyway, as he was about to leave for the planet’s surface he gave me this. Thanking me for my hospitality he placed it in my hand. He said that he knew how dangerous my work could be and told me that if I was ever in serious danger that it would come in useful. He nodded and turned, and with that he was gone. Never have had to use it, gave up the trading some time ago. I never will forget his face, he always looked so serious…..Gregor, that was his name. '
• Lord Vellan’s ship ‘The Obsidian Dawn’ makes port. Although Lord Vellan IV himself is not on the ship though his nephew Erasmus Vellan is. Vellan is a rival house of (Aodhans character)
• Big gunfight in one of the boarding dock areas.
The enemy have an assassin a number of general warriors 8. There is also a gun servitor and a Tech Priest
• The House of Vellan has a rather dark past. Legend has it that Lord Vellan II was taken by the extreme beauty of a young woman named Emmanuelle Tre’lail whom he had met whilst making a business deal with her father the Planetary Governor. She however was arranged to be married to a Lord Lucan Forant who had courted her for over a year. When news of this arrangement reached Vellan he was furious, and left the planet immediately, breaking his contract with the Governor.
A number of months passed and the Governor, his whole family and many other nobles and citizens on the planet fell gravely ill. It was at this time that Vellan returned and told the Governor that he could help, but only his daughter. With a heavy heart the Governor knew he had no choice but to save his daughter from death and with a heavy heart let his daughter go.
The House of Vellan has used rather subtle means in the past to secure trades and further its profitability. Members of the house and its employ adorn themselves with dark purple garb, the houses family colour, about their person. They also have strong ties to members of the Adeptus Mechanicus with a number of their ships and indeed equipment having a number of extensive modifications. It is said that those who cross the House of Vellan are seldom heard of again, and a number of rival houses keep their distance.
Lord Monmus Vellan IV is the current ruling Lord, a sophisticated man with a short temper and a sharp mind he is instrument in the success of the Kethan Trade Route which passes through the Tempestus Segmentum and into Segmentum Pacificus through Jucha, Adrantis Five onto Hydraphur. A tall figure his sharp features…
Any and all ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks.