• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gmtiberus

gmtiberus

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:48 AM

Hi,

My girlfriend give me the Core Box and Kazadum Expension. I will like to make 2 deck, one for her and one for me. Any advice?

#2 Redblock

Redblock

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 05:35 AM

Khazad Dum gives you Narvis belt, with what and Gloin hero you can make quite good 3 sphere dwarven deck, Gloin, Thalin and Dvalin as heroes, and all of Khazad Dums and core dwarf cards, with belt you can even use lore card.

For second deck mix leadership with spirit and use aragorn + 1 leadership and 1 spirit hero, Aragorn gets hits sphere change card in core.

#3 renegadeshepherd

renegadeshepherd

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

its impossible to say what to build with just what uve given.  id ask her with the cards in hand what looks fun.  if she likes the girls then make a all female deck. if she thinks legolas is cute in the movie then make a deck with legolas, etc.  the main thing is to keep her happy and interested.  because after all, if she aint happy u aint happy brother.  but when she is happy :)

#4 CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:40 PM

From that card pool, I'd be tempted to go with:

Aragorn,Theodred and Eowyn
- 2 leadership, 1 spirit hero, but Aragorn has Celebrian's stone to give make him spirit as well, and theodred can add resources to either sphere, so that eases your multi-sphere play.
Then there are plenty of good card to go with those - sneak attack, gandalf, steward of gondor, galadhrim's greeting, etc. Don't forget a test of will, faramir, and so on.
You can also stock cards like durin's song, which you can play on the other deck's heros.

Bifur, Gimili and Thalin
- 1 lore, 2 tactics. Bifur can get resources from other heroes, which again eases multi-sphere play. That also means you're using all four spheres across the two decks, so you don't get stretched thin on any one sphere.

You can make the spirit/leadership deck the primary quester/defender (aragorn can ready himself and has sentinel), and the lore /tactics deck can do most of the combat, and contribute to the questing when possible. Use things like the dwarven axe, blade of gondolin, and any "tricks" like feint, etc. Forest snare is also very useful for taking out enemies without needing to kill them.

Hope that helps

#5 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:51 AM

Why not going "all dwarves"?

Player 1:

Dáin, Glóin, Bifur (starting threat 27)

Player 2:

Gimli, Thorin, Dwalin (starting threat: 29)

Gather all your dwarf allies and overrun your enemies!

#6 gmtiberus

gmtiberus

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:23 AM

thank for the help

#7 CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:55 AM

so what did you go with?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS