Play Mats

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Boose30

Boose30

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:27 AM

Ive recently noticed that people are beginning to make their own play spaces for this game which look pretty cool but i was wondering for those of us who are not so creative or capable to do so if there was a place that we could go to buy a play mat to make the game look cooler when we play?

#2 TieDefender

TieDefender

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:23 AM

hotz artworks has some good space mats that you can buy customized (no hexes/squares or hexes/squared to the measurement you want) .  But the last time I bought from him it was quite the ordeal that took 3 months from me buying it for it to finally arrive.

#3 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:31 AM

Black felt. It's good for keeping the models stable during movement. It's not as cool as foam with stars on it, but it's black, and you can probably go out today and buy some on the cheap.

#4 Scottimusrex

Scottimusrex

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 05:54 AM

Walmart and Joanns Fabrics and some other fabric stores often carry star field cloth.  I got mine at Walmart for about $6 a yard and cut it to 3x3 then sewed it to a piece of 3x3 felt (also about $6 a yard) and SHAZAM!, a star field play mat. Not as gorgeous as some of the pics I've seen but very servicable.  Good luck!

#5 Boose30

Boose30

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:00 AM

Thanks for the ideas guys. Im fairly new to the whole minitures thing so this was a great help to me.

#6 Wilhuf

Wilhuf

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

I also like corsec engineering's large playmat work. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS