So our group (my daughter and me) meet at the local game store and sat down to start making characters. The process took a while, mostly because we had never seen the rules before and we spent a little time working through the dice. The good thing is we started with 2 players but by the end of the night we had 4 at the and another 3 that were going to show up next Friday to play the mod in the back. Here are the comments that I gleaned form that table
Things to thin about
1. Character Creation needs a little better organization, it did not seem to flow very well and we had to keep paging back and forth
2. "Buying Equipment" should a step before "Selecting a Ship" with a little more detail. People were looking for starting money to be based on career not Obligation. So that took some time to work though
3. There was a great desire to have more races (yes I know beta )
4. Force related material was not mentioned in the character creation section and we did not find it until we started paging through the material
5. People were looking for timeline info….there were a few comments (yes I know beta )
6. Droid seemed a little bit under powered with XP and starting with all 1s in stats and really only one bonus….not having to eat, breath or sleep but two negatives…no healing and no force (i guess this is both good and bad).
Things people like
1. The Career and Specialization mechanic everyone liked. Every player at the table choose a second speicalization. We had a Twi'lek Bounty Hunter Assassin/Doctor, Droid Smuggler Scoundrel/Mercenary and a Wookie Hired Gun Mercenary/Mechanic. (the fourth player did not gt that far since he sat down late)
2. Using XP to improve the character went well, it was easy to understand and went quickly.
3. People were hoping the X-wing game ties into the RPG for Ship to ship combat!!!! (awesome sauce!)
Overall there was a fair amount of good things said and a lot of excitement to play next week….I will write another update after next weeks game