Yagyu's mission cards

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

So if u wanna check out my current work in progress version of the trench run battle u c can check it here at afm. I have also made some printable cards here u can use, and for the turrets i recommend using the turret cutouts that farkonknome linked for us.

afewmaneuvers.yuku.com/topic/62/Yagyu-s-Mission-Cards#.UF1t9VH4Ji4

"It was so artistically done."-Grand Admiral Thrawn

#2 Rainherald

Rainherald

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

This is awesome! I keep seeing Death Star Trench Run missions being created. But this really takes the cake. Very good job! What program are you using for the card layout?

#3 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:40 AM

Thanks for putting this here as well because I personally think the fewmaneuvers site is not for me, no offense. The problem with it is the Yoku part of it. It won't let you even sign up through Google chrome which is my preferred browser, so then I had to do it through Internet explorer (which I hate using). Then it gives you this big huge header at the top and everything is counter-intuitive…. and finally, I just do not think yuku created websites look very good… I really wanted to sign up there… I did, but there were just way too many hurdles that ruined the whole sign-up process for me…. So thank you for posting here as well because until another X wing site pops up that is better, I will be staying here.

I can follow the link easy enough and save the pics without needing to be a member…. but maybe you could just post the pics here next time instead of linking them so people don't have to leave the site to see them…. more people will see them this way as I know a few people that feel the same as I do and only come to this forum and some people hate having to follow links all around to see something… I'm ok with it but I know a guy that says "If they can't be bothered to take 30 seconds to upload a pic of it then I can't be bothered to go looking for it". Something to think about.

#4 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:26 AM

I dont think we wanna pepper the ffg boards with customs and risk them yelling at us to pull em down lol. But thx, play test it and let me know how it works, it will  most likely need some adjusting before its finished. We r working out the proper stats for the turbolasers right now. Some feel the pilot skill on the turret should be higher like say 5. My intention was they were cheaper and weaker but would give the empire more shots to protect the thermal exhaust port while their ships still needed to go in and clear out the rebel scum, after all thats why vader took the black squadron pilots out there in the first palce, cuz the guns werent doing very much to take out the x-wings.

Also i use photoshop for my custom creations, i just spend allot of tedious time going in and erasing this or cloning that or cuting and pasting this ect. I am also waiting on a better scan for the rebel ships to fix the templates since they currently have the strange neon boxes on them. MY scanner sucks so i was usin g the ffg scans.

#5 FarkonGnome

FarkonGnome

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:49 AM

Strombole said:

Thanks for putting this here as well because I personally think the fewmaneuvers site is not for me, no offense. The problem with it is the Yoku part of it. It won't let you even sign up through Google chrome which is my preferred browser, so then I had to do it through Internet explorer (which I hate using). Then it gives you this big huge header at the top and everything is counter-intuitive…. and finally, I just do not think yuku created websites look very good… I really wanted to sign up there… I did, but there were just way too many hurdles that ruined the whole sign-up process for me…. So thank you for posting here as well because until another X wing site pops up that is better, I will be staying here.

I can follow the link easy enough and save the pics without needing to be a member…. but maybe you could just post the pics here next time instead of linking them so people don't have to leave the site to see them…. more people will see them this way as I know a few people that feel the same as I do and only come to this forum and some people hate having to follow links all around to see something… I'm ok with it but I know a guy that says "If they can't be bothered to take 30 seconds to upload a pic of it then I can't be bothered to go looking for it". Something to think about.

there is a button below that monster header in on right side that says NAVIGATION…. click it and that giant header goes away.

#6 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:52 AM

Heres the current cards if u wanna try the trench mission as it is, like i said we r still fine tuning the stats so let me know what u think over on afm.

#7 Razrael

Razrael

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:04 AM

I use strange aeons for ark ham horror custom material, it could be tweaked to create material for this.

something to look into I think.

#8 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:21 AM

cool, ok so if u follow my link to afm i have a new star destroyer assault mission up for play testing.

afewmaneuvers.yuku.com/topic/62/master/1/

#9 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:49 AM

Strombole said:

A FEW MANEUVERS RESPONSE

Although I don't take offense to your post, I feel that I must respond.  I have never used Google Chrome, so I doubt there is any solution there.  The header you spoke of goes away by clicking the Navigation button.  And as far as the look of the website goes, that is a work in progress.  There are many other ways we could go with the look of AFM.  But, please realize that A Few Maneuvers was created less than a week ago by a man who has a family and a full time job…me.  And although I spend every free moment I have working on AFM, it will take time before my vision is recognized.  The reason I started it was to help X-wing players get organized.  This board is not.  Neither is BGG.  You shouldn't have to go through 10+ pages of posts to find the one thread you are looking for.  I also wanted to create a place where players could find each other and tournaments easily.  We are still working on that, but should have it up and running soon. 

A few people have realized the potential that AFM has and others are slowly coming on board.  This game is still new and so is AFM.  Hopefully we can grow together.  A lot of work has been put into creating AFM, and we haven't even scratched the surface of what it will become.  In the coming weeks and months AFM will mature into a place that will meet the needs of most people who play X-wing.  We plan on adding Star Wars: The Card Game and Edge of the Empire RPG forums to the site soon.  We're going to expand our tournament organization to include not only in-person tournaments, but also X-wing tournaments on Vassal, Star Wars: The Card Game tournaments on OCTGN, and PlaybyForum Edge of Empire campaigns!!  Plus some other things that I can't speak about just yet.  But I learned a long time ago that you can't please everyone, so it doesn't surprise me that someone has chosen not to join AFM.  I hope that sometime in the future you will give AFM another chance.  Maybe by then, you will like what you see.  And if you decide you want to join at that point, we will welcome you with open arms.  No hard feelings!

Roy

#10 AidenDouglass

AidenDouglass

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:02 AM

Hey Roy!  Just joined AFewManeuvers.
See ya 'round.  Do a forum search for VASSAL.

#11 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

AidenDouglass said:

Hey Roy!  Just joined AFewManeuvers.
See ya 'round.  Do a forum search for VASSAL.

Thanks Aiden!  You've helped out quite a bit in the little bit of time you're been on AFM.  Glad you could join us!

Roy

#12 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2012 - 02:44 AM

No hard feelings Roy. My beef is with Yuku, not you. I appreciate tyhe hard work you probably went through creating the site. I just like using chrome as a browser as it has all my gadgets and is set up the way I like and my whole destop is centred around it in many ways. At the time, your site was brand new and didn't have many members or posts, so it didn't seem worth switching to a different browser but I am sure now that your membership has grown considerably. I will try to make my way over and check it back out soon. Like you, I have limited time in my day for doing internet stuff as life gets in the way and I try to do as much gaming in a week as I can get away with. I play tons of different minis games and just this week alone I have played X wing, Star Wars minis, Anima Tactics, Warmachine, Infinity, and Dust Warfare (although a few of those I played all last night as my LGS stayed open till 4:30 AM this morning for a big Magic release party thing and so after 8 PM last night closed to the public and we just kept on gaming. I left at 11PM as I don't play card games but I got a ton of minis games in last night)… but I try to fit in as much gaming as I can with my free time, and at 37, I don't get much free time to begin with so my internet time is limited to moments like these when everyone else is asleep on Saturday morning (the lazy bums, lol… I wake up at 4:30 every morning through the week so I can't really sleep in, lol). I will come check you guys out some time soon…. as I said, I meant no offense… it was Yuku that had me soured on the experience more than anything. Keep up the good work that you are doing… I'm sure there are tons of people who love the site just the way it is.

Bob's your father's brother…. Cheers. 

EDIT: I just stopped into the site and it already looks better than when I first checked it out so good work. That original Black and red scheme was hard on the eyes and it looks much much better now and is easier to read so good work on changing it around

#13 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:10 AM

Well I'm glad you like some of the things we have done.  And we have some other things coming that could affect the entire community.  By the way, one of my close friends uses Google Chrome to access Yuku and hasn't had.  Maybe you guys have different versions.  Yeah that original forum design was the first one I clicked on when creating the site.  I knew that I was going to have to change it, but I wanted to get the organization of it in place first.  Anyway,  I hope you decide to come over.  We are up to 41 members (in less than 2 weeks) and have more people joining every day.  Anyway, i hope to see you there soon.

Roy

#14 Airborne Engineer

Airborne Engineer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:54 AM

Yagyu,

Any chance of doing the pilot cards for the starship bases?

#15 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

What do u mean by the star ship bases?

#16 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

Here is my latest mission. Play test it and lemme know if it needs revisions thx

The star destroyer has target lock on it because it will be used when i make turbolaser batteries weapon upgrade card for it.

NOTE the mission is cut here but if u click view image on it u will see the whole image.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS