Building the basic dice pool?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Rassilon

Rassilon

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

Okay, maybe I missed this somewhere, but I didn't see an example for this situation in the book:

If a character has an equal characteristic and skill, do they only get 3 ability dice, and no proficiency dice?

Thanks!

#2 Callidon

Callidon

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

If they have something like Brawn 2, Melee 2 then they roll 2 proficiency dice only.

STUFF:

Edge of the Empire: Talent Trees; Force Powers; Character Sheet

#3 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:59 AM

Rassilon said:

Okay, maybe I missed this somewhere, but I didn't see an example for this situation in the book:

If a character has an equal characteristic and skill, do they only get 3 ability dice, and no proficiency dice?

Thanks!

Actually, it's the exact opposite, as Callidon noted.  So for your example, the character would be rolling three Proficiency dice and no ability dice if they had both the Skill and it's relevant Characteristic at Rank 3.

And to be clear (as I know some folks do tend to miss this), if your Skill Rank is higher than your Characteristic Rank, such as a Trandoshan with Agility 1 and Ranged (Heavy) 3, they'd use the skill rank to determine their Ability dice (3 in this case) and then bump one of them up to a Proficiency die based upon his Agility, for a dice pool (before Boost, Challenge, Difficulty, or Setback dice) of 1 Proficiency die and 2 Ability dice.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#4 Rassilon

Rassilon

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:22 PM

Thanks guys… looked at my rules again today and slapped my forehead!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS