Columbus Area Report!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 rossable

rossable

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:00 AM

I'm a Long time gamer and rules-avisor of the Star Wars Minis game and i'm looking for a group for the new system. I'll be talking with the local stores about tournaments, prize support, etc. and plan on getting a solid group going in the area, but that takes players… so let me know if your interested in some organized play! I'll be posting more details about the actual events after i talk to the stores and get some player interest.

#2 justmatt101

justmatt101

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:12 AM

I live in the Columbus, Ohio, area (Granville).  There's a local shop (Comic Shop Plus) about 15 minutes from where I live where I bought a ton of X-Wing minis.

I'm looking for local opponents -- people who play. 

It'd have to be on weekends.  Work week is far too hectic.

But right now, I have 3 X-wings, 2 Y-wings, 7 TIEs (overkill, sure,but hey), 3 TIE advanced and a bunch of the pending stuff on pre-order.  Played a handful of games to date and have had a blast.

Thanks

Matt

#3 justmatt101

justmatt101

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

ne'er mind, the link takes you to wal-mart. Guess I should have looked.  Lesson learnt.  I've never had much luck with forums and the whole opponent finder thing.  Never find anyone near where I live even posting and this….

Really?

#4 MilesD37

MilesD37

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 11:58 AM

Hilliard player here… not sure if the dude that started this meant Columbus, Ohio… but between me and Matt, we are taking it over in the name of ohio! whoop! hahaha

i've got a group of 4-6 guys that play many different games (mostly old wotc sw mini's, talisman, risk, edge of the empire, and this) i'd love to set aside a day to have a big hang out and play a few revolving games of this…

#5 MilesD37

MilesD37

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

if we can get some central ohio interest i'd be willing to talk with the 2 stores i frequent to host a tourney…

#6 justmatt101

justmatt101

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:12 PM

Fantastic!

I'll shoot a p.m.  

#7 Crosis101

Crosis101

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

Crosis101 AKA ViperWingLeader AKA Dave here,

Guardtower,

Ravenstone

Gametable adventures on occasion in Newerk.

Hit me up.

#8 rossable

rossable

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

MilesD37 said:

Hilliard player here… not sure if the dude that started this meant Columbus, Ohio… but between me and Matt, we are taking it over in the name of ohio! whoop! hahaha

i've got a group of 4-6 guys that play many different games (mostly old wotc sw mini's, talisman, risk, edge of the empire, and this) i'd love to set aside a day to have a big hang out and play a few revolving games of this…

I did mean Columbus, OH.

I've talked to the owner of The Soldiery and they are willing to host games as well. sounds like we've got a solid play group in the area already! keep spreading the word and start organizing some games.

check out http://afewmaneuvers.yuku.com/ for more info and i'll try to announce games in this thread as well as over there.

#9 MilesD37

MilesD37

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:08 AM

with the four on this post, i have 1-4 friends in my RPG group that have played (one has bought and loves, 2 others that really enjoyed, and couple others that were iffy on it)… i'm shooting for demo day/games 2 weeks from today at either soldiery or guardtower… anyone have a preference? soldiery seems more centrally located for those of us on here- but guardtower has more room…

#10 CappyTom

CappyTom

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

Hello All,

I come down to Columbus about once a month. I've played at The Soldiery, Wings of Glory, with others on Sundays. Great store and great people. PM me and keep me in the loop for up coming game days.

Thanks

#11 MilesD37

MilesD37

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

how does 2 weeks from monday sound at the soldiery work for a demo day, bring all our gear and let other play too to build interest before we have any tournaments?

#12 Chairborne

Chairborne

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

I'm up for some flying. I would prefer the Guard Tower though.

#13 MilesD37

MilesD37

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

Hey guys, just an update: I've been working on the new A Few Maneuvers site, www.afewmaneuvers.com thay page will just forward you to the new and improved forums, but all the events i run here will be part of this, and we'll be having some awesome tools for scheduleing things… not to mention our Vassal tournaments for those of you that have trouble meeting up…

also, my next demo day is nov 18th at the soldiery, then we are moving to the the guard tower for a few sessions before tournaments start in jan/feb

#14 gatharion

gatharion

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

Thaddeus here

I live in Clintonville and I'm just getting into X-Wing.

The Soldiery is the closest for me, but I'd prefer Ravenstone or the Guardtower (I run Heroclix events there).

#15 Chairborne

Chairborne

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:30 AM

Is there anyone in Columbus area that would want to go in half on a Core set?

I only need the two TIE Fighters and the kit that goes with them. I don't need anything else.

My FLGS is the Guard Tower so I would prefer to preform the transaction there.

Let me know,

James.

#16 Chairborne

Chairborne

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:24 AM

Is there anyone that is up for a game or two on Thursday, ( 8Nov12) late morning / early afternoon at the Guard Tower?

#17 MilesD37

MilesD37

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:26 PM

I might be able to swing that… it'd have to be early afternoon (1pmish) or later for me… gotta pick my son up from preschool that day…

also columbus-ites, if you can make it on Sunday Nov. 18th to the Soldiery, we're gonna run another demo day to try to spread/gauge interest in the area… and hopefully start running some tourney's!

#18 Harlech

Harlech

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

Hi All,

I live in the Columbus area and have played a little.  Hadn't been on these forums since Gencon so I am a little behind!

I can't make November 18th but would love to get together and play/demo.

Is this forum the place to get that info?  Or is there somewhere else I should be looking?

thanks!

#19 Chairborne

Chairborne

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:43 AM

Miles, sorry but I couldn't make it today. Had real life butt in to my schedule today.

#20 Chairborne

Chairborne

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

Harlech said:

Hi All,

I live in the Columbus area and have played a little.  Hadn't been on these forums since Gencon so I am a little behind!

I can't make November 18th but would love to get together and play/demo.

Is this forum the place to get that info?  Or is there somewhere else I should be looking?

thanks!

This is where I come for it.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS