Price

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Berning22

Berning22

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:52 AM

Why is the Falcon and Slave 1 twice the price of the other expansions. What am I missing??? I know they are a little bigger, but seriously $30???

#2 Stone

Stone

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:07 AM

Being true to scale, which FFG is trying to maintain, the new expansions should be about twice the size.  

#3 Zembar_

Zembar_

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 03:10 AM

Also, this: boardgamegeek.com/article/10065717#10065717

#4 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:48 AM

They are listed at just over $20 on Coolstuff Inc and will probably be similarly priced on Minature Market once they add them.

#5 IG-58

IG-58

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:45 AM

Agreed - the price is reasonable.

Note to all you folks clamoring for a Corellian Corvette or something, though!! :D

#6 bernh

bernh

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:26 AM

Berning22 said:

I know they are a little bigger, but seriously $30???

Any fighter has a 40mm size base. Base size of Falcon is about 100mm. You may imagine the difference.

#7 Jaster

Jaster

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:19 AM

Yeah I saw the next line at CVI and I have to say it a very fair price.

#8 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

I saw the demos at GenCon.  They were awsome.  Much bigger than twice the size of any of the fighters.  How many Slave I or Milenium Falcon's do you need to buy.

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#9 mucno716

mucno716

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:23 PM

How true. The last thing I want to see 9 MilFals or Slave1 er 9 on the table-Talk about your Clone War geez….

#10 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

I'll most likely get one YT-1300 and Firespray-31-Class patrol and attack craft.  The price of these miniatures does factor into that, but being those ships are iconic outweighs the cost of the miniatures.

#11 Rainherald

Rainherald

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

Yeah, I'm with Steve on this one. One of each of the "medium" sized ships and a healthy dosage of the A-Wing and TIE In. Can't wait.

#12 sinnerfold

sinnerfold

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:02 AM

So the question is will we be seeing even larger Mon Calamari cruisers or Imperial Star Destroyers one day? They would be giant.

I could see it working if the ships were made to be immobile. There could be turrets around the ship which would provide firing arcs. Finally each ship could have a complement of fighters it could scramble. Think "WoW TCG raid deck" type play with one player playing as the larger ship and other players playing as the attacking squadron. It'd be cool but I could see FFG charging 99 dollars for a capital ship.

#13 sinnerfold

sinnerfold

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:04 AM

On second thought, not sure if the capital ship being immobile is a good idea. Perhaps just slower to give a sense of its immense size and lower maneuverability.

#14 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,099 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:12 AM

The capital ships would have to be quite large to be to scale. I have my doubts that we will see them in the game. Perhaps as some sort of convention exclusive scenario piece.

#15 Stone

Stone

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

I would have to imagine that the largest ships we would ever see prodeced would be the Corellian Corvette and/or the Nebulon-B.   The Corvette, in scale, is about 21" and te Nebulon-B is about 28".   A true Star Destroyer is about 6 feet long.  Not much gaming we can get with that.  

#16 Glorian Underhill

Glorian Underhill

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:49 AM

According to the true Scale table a Star Destroyer is 6 meters long.

#17 TieDefender

TieDefender

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:21 AM

the game is being done as a premium product your paying more but your getting much better quality mini's then what was done with WOTC SSB's or other games in the cmg category.  I actually prefer it this way since you don't need as many pieces to play a game so paying 10.00 for a high quality piece isn't so bad.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS