Questions about Location Cards

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cutievalkyrie

Cutievalkyrie

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

1.  When revealed in quest phase. The threat level will be there, no matter u travel there or not. Next quest phase its combined with enemies threat level. In one word, once a lot of location cards revealed, u r gona die of 50 threat level, no matter u travel there or not.

2. When there are multiple location cards in staging area, after u overkill one active location card, the left quest points will go to the main scenario card. If u want to kill another location card, u have to travel there first, even if the travel phase is just after the quest phase, all ur extra quest points cant be placed as ur wish to.

#2 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,803 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:23 PM

Cutievalkyrie said:

1.  When revealed in quest phase. The threat level will be there, no matter u travel there or not. Next quest phase its combined with enemies threat level. In one word, once a lot of location cards revealed, u r gona die of 50 threat level, no matter u travel there or not.

2. When there are multiple location cards in staging area, after u overkill one active location card, the left quest points will go to the main scenario card. If u want to kill another location card, u have to travel there first, even if the travel phase is just after the quest phase, all ur extra quest points cant be placed as ur wish to.

hello

1. this is one of the ways you can loose certainly- but there are ways to stop this. obviously one is dont let them build up, always travel if you can. also use cards like northern tracker and lorien guide who automatically place progress when commiting to quests. a third option is to have a powerful questing deck so even if you have 3 locations out at once, you will still clear them.

2. this is again true- they only ever spill onto the quest card, not onto any other location

i hope this helps, if not ask

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#3 Cutievalkyrie

Cutievalkyrie

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:49 PM

You did help me a lot! I am thinking about why FFG put travel phase behind quest phase, which doesnt make a lot of sense to me. People could choose either travel or quest first, which will be much better.

And, about "strength of the will" card, it says "after u travel to a location" does it mean u can use this card anytime when a locations active or just after the travel phase?

Quest 2 in the core set is way too hard, i can kill the troll but there are evil eyes(quester killers) and a lot of high threat level locations, which makes me frustrated. i think i really need to find someone to cooperate with. This game is not really soloable. But i can feel  that if one day i complete this scenario, i satisfy greatly.

#4 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,803 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:28 AM

Cutievalkyrie said:

You did help me a lot! I am thinking about why FFG put travel phase behind quest phase, which doesnt make a lot of sense to me. People could choose either travel or quest first, which will be much better.

And, about "strength of the will" card, it says "after u travel to a location" does it mean u can use this card anytime when a locations active or just after the travel phase?

Quest 2 in the core set is way too hard, i can kill the troll but there are evil eyes(quester killers) and a lot of high threat level locations, which makes me frustrated. i think i really need to find someone to cooperate with. This game is not really soloable. But i can feel  that if one day i complete this scenario, i satisfy greatly.

the strength of will is a response to immediatly after you travel to a loaction- so its within the travel phase.

do not worry about losing quest 2 alot- ive only ever played solo since the game came out, and its do able once you have played for a while. its all about keeping your threat very low and giving yourself plenty of time to take down the troll- try snaring it with forest snare then you dont have to worry about attacks from it.

thalin is a very key hero to this quest to kill those crows before they surge.

if you search in 'drowning on the anduin' you shall find an indepth thread from last year that covers many  ways to help on this quest

main thing- dont give up….if you want any advice dont hesistate to ask or PM me

rich

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS