Some maps I made

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 keith82

keith82

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:40 AM

Here are a few maps I made for Mark of the Star Wars Miniverse Podcast. www.swminiverse.com

The source files are set for printing 36"x36" at 300dpi.

#2 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:44 AM

WOW!!  Those are great!  Would you consider posting those over at AFM?  The link is in my signature.

Roy

#3 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

Very nice, are there high rez files available?

"It was so artistically done."-Grand Admiral Thrawn

#4 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:29 AM

Impressive, most impressive.  I just bought simple felt mats.

#5 keith82

keith82

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:46 AM

Very nice, are there high rez files available?

Here you go,

10800x10800 JPG files

These will print exactly 36"x36" at 300 dpi.

If you plan on printing off these let me know if you need a bleed and I can get you some files that will work better.

Death Star Map

www.keithspage.com/xwing/DS-10800x10800-36x36-300dpi.jpg.zip

Map 1

www.keithspage.com/xwing/MAP1-10800x10800-36x36-300dpi.jpg.zip

#6 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:11 AM

Awesome maps… my favorite part though is seeing an active site for Star Wars minis… I was starting to think I was the only person still playing Star Wars minis…. I love Star Wars minis. I have thousands of them (obviously because I have tons and tons of stormtroopers, clone troopers, etc… but I have a Tusken Raider army, A Mandolorian army, a Gammorean guard/ Weequay Jabba army, tons of Rebel troopers and commandos, tons of Hoth troopers, etc. We play massive battles of Star Wars minis. 

Here is a pretty big 500pt clone wars game but its nothing comapred to the 1000pt games we have with AT-ATs, etc.

javascript:void(0);/*1348261861922*/

I want to actually incorporate X-Wing into Star Wars minis… I'm thinking that the side that wins the battle in X wing will get an advantage or extra vehicles or something to use in the Star Wars minis game. I do have an X Wing model from Revel on a custom flying base along with the Falcon that are both to scale with Star Wars minis and I have rules made for them… so if the rebels win I could probably just include in the X Wing into the Rebel team for free in Star Wars minis…. or if Empire wins, maybe they would get an extra couple Tie crawlers for free or something….Hmmm

#7 keith82

keith82

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:31 PM

Strombole said:

Awesome maps… my favorite part though is seeing an active site for Star Wars minis… I was starting to think I was the only person still playing Star Wars minis…. I love Star Wars minis. I have thousands of them (obviously because I have tons and tons of stormtroopers, clone troopers, etc… but I have a Tusken Raider army, A Mandolorian army, a Gammorean guard/ Weequay Jabba army, tons of Rebel troopers and commandos, tons of Hoth troopers, etc. We play massive battles of Star Wars minis. 

Here is a pretty big 500pt clone wars game but its nothing comapred to the 1000pt games we have with AT-ATs, etc.

javascript:void(0);/*1348261861922*/

I want to actually incorporate X-Wing into Star Wars minis… I'm thinking that the side that wins the battle in X wing will get an advantage or extra vehicles or something to use in the Star Wars minis game. I do have an X Wing model from Revel on a custom flying base along with the Falcon that are both to scale with Star Wars minis and I have rules made for them… so if the rebels win I could probably just include in the X Wing into the Rebel team for free in Star Wars minis…. or if Empire wins, maybe they would get an extra couple Tie crawlers for free or something….Hmmm

Far from it, there are two strong Star Wars Minis play groups in Washington that I know of. (I'm quite lucky to have a Mom, Sister, and Girlfriend that play SWM and X-Wing with me, and actually enjoy it.)

As far as active sites, I can think of these off the top of my head.

www.swminiverse.com

www.bloomilk.com

www.swmgamers.com

www.swmresources.com

Star Wars Minis is my first love and the X-Wing Miniatures game is a solid second place. Although it has been all I have played the last week.

Yeah, that reminds me I need to get an AT-AT one of these days!

I love your idea of weaving the two games together! Please let me know how it works out.

** the following should keep this on topic with the thread **

Also you should definitely check out episode 58 of Star Wars Miniverse. Their main focus is Star Wars Miniatures, but they do talk about the X-Wing game somewhat often. There is a great segment about X-Wing Miniatures in this episode and a brief mention of these maps that I made for them.

www.swminiverse.com/SW_Miniverse/Star_Wars_Miniverse/Entries/2012/9/19_Star_Wars_Miniverse_-_Episode_58.html

This is a direct link to the episode but you should definitely subscribe to their podcast and all that jazz.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS