Elite Pilot Skill Upgrade Cards

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Daveydavedave

Daveydavedave

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

Some of you are going to laugh, but I just realized that Marksmanship, Expert Handling, and Squad Leader cards all require you to use an action, but the card can be re-used all game long.  

This means: 

-Expert Handling can effectively make you nearly immune to torpedoes and lock target rerolls

-Marksmanship is like focusing every turn with the first hit auto criting

-Squad Leader can allow for a wingman in a better position to get two actions (and each turn it can be a different guy) 

-Vader can use whichever of these he equipped each turn in addition to one of his normal actions

Imagine a whole imperial team equipped with Expert Handling that made themselves nearly immune to lock target… The only counter is double locking the same Tie.

And Marksmanship… that card is going on EVERY single one of my ships lol

Too bad there aren't more copies of these in the starter.

#2 bernh

bernh

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:51 PM

Daveydavedave said:

-Marksmanship is like focusing every turn with the first hit auto criting

Don't forget that focus has defensive usage also, while marksmanship may be used during attack only.

#3 Tenrousei

Tenrousei

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:37 AM

For my 2 cents, just remember that relatively few pilots have the ability to upgrade, even named ones.  Also, in every case but Darth Vader, you only get 1 action, which must be declared after you move, but before others of a higher pilot skill.  While Marksmanship is amazing, it is limited in use.  Expert Handling is also very situational.  Assuming you are playing the Empire, if the Rebel player has an equal or higher pilot skill, you'll have to execute the action before the target lock is applied.

All of my games thus far have been on the rebel side and the most annoying ability that I have consistantly encountered is evade.  The slippery [censored] love to dodge.

It's a game: have fun.  If is stops being fun, stop playing.

The greatest evil is the indifference of good men.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS