Magister Illyrio

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mischraum.de

mischraum.de

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:42 AM

"Challenges: Kneel Magister Illyrio to choose an opponent and name a challenge type. That opponent must pay you 1 gold from his or her gold pool each time he or she initiates a challenge of this type."

I'm still wondering if his effect lasts during the whole game. The core set has been a while around and the card didn't receive an errata.

Travelling for LCG tournaments: Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Gen Con, Genoa, Göteborg, Liege, Salzburg
Next destination: Make a suggestion!

#2 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,760 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:01 AM

Well, it's not like there's been a new FAQ since mid-December. Email Nate if you want an official answer.

Unofficially, it's treated as "until the end of the phase."

#3 Aertes

Aertes

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:20 PM

Im sorry for my ignorance but, where could i check Nate's e-mail to ask him?, im also interested in this doubt. I always thought that Illyrio was too expensive but if his ability lasts for the whole game (or until he is killed or something like that) it sounds really different.

#4 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,760 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 12:34 AM

There's a tiny "rules questions" contact link in the bottom left-hand side of the page. When you pick the game, the question will (eventually) go to the appropriate person at FFG, who is Nate for this game. It's personal e-mail, though. Not something public that anyone can log in to.

#5 Aertes

Aertes

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:13 AM

thank you ktom. I found it and sent my request. not that i dont trust you ;) i just would apreciate "official" confirmation.

#6 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,760 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 04:45 AM

BTW: Considering the implications, I will be completely blown away if Nate says "forever" instead of "until the end of the phase." The main reason is that the ability would stack. If you choose the same opponent and "military" twice, s/he would have to pay you 2 gold in order to initiate a military challenge. So if the effect does NOT go away at the end of the phase, a couple of standing effects could make it "financially impossible" for your opponent to initiate any challenges at all within a few rounds.

#7 Aertes

Aertes

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:07 AM

Ewwwww!!! i wasn't thinking about something that brute!. If thats the way it would be, I rather laike the "until end of phase". Anyway i alrady sent message to nate about this, he surely will say the "end of phase" option.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS