I've played D6 (WEG Star Wars), TSR (D&D, Marvel Super Heroes, Star Wars Rpg), WotC (D&D, Saga Edition Star Wars, Mutants & Masterminds), Green Ronin (Mutants & Masterminds 3rd), Tri Stat (BESM), Eden Studios Unisystem (All Flesh, Witchcraft, Armageddon)……I think that's about it. Oh, wait…..White Wolf (Vampire, Mage). Okay, that's it.
I love this system because:
1) It's just WICKED AWESOME!
2) It's easy to learn and it keeps everything quick and dynamically paced
3) Little-to-no number crunching
4) The way FFG is handling everything from the Force, to combat, to……everything
5) It's UBER fun!!
6) I don't know, it's just COOL!
Besides the above reasons, it's hard to explain. I just love the whole thing (handling, concept, format, art, gaming system)…..the whole thing.