Campaign improvement

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ming31

Ming31

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:43 PM

Was a huge Blue Max  player ( by GDW) back in the day . They had a pilot improvement system  when you reached a certian level of points ( surviving , kils etc) you got an improvement . I am toying with the Idea  of  geting a point for each damage you do , 5 for a kill,  when you hit so many  your poiny skill improves or you can " buy an ability l" .  You need scenerios  as slugfests  get alot of pilots killed .   Any one have any thoughts ?

#2 Dergidan

Dergidan

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:57 PM

One solution is this: When a ship is defeated during play, the pilot isn't necessarily dead - use an appropriate method afterward to determine his fate. An injured pilot could start future games with a "pilot" damage card, or have injuries grievous enough to cause them to retire or die.

That's one way you don't have to mess with the core gameplay, yet still have the potential for linked games. 

Dennis

@AzogamesDennis

www.facebook.com/azogames

#3 DrUnK3n_PaNdA

DrUnK3n_PaNdA

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:38 PM

You could also allow pilots to leave the table if damaged and only give them partial points. Also, there's ejection seats and life-support systems in Star Wars, a destroyed ship doesn't always mean a dead pilot.

Pilot experience would be cool, but X-Wing's very simple rules make it hard to implement properly. Still, I'd love to see campaign play, as I love games that support it. The almost RPG-like experience of a long campaign is great fun. Your pilots really start developing personalities of their own through the dice and game experience.

#4 Rogue Kiwi

Rogue Kiwi

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:16 PM

My thoughts on this subject:

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS