#1 Nemomon

Nemomon

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:07 AM

Jon New has sent me this two links:

www.talisman-game.com/

www.nomadgames.co.uk/newspost/talisman/

According to them a game for a PC and then for a mobile devices is coming. Pay attention that in the preview we can see a Fate attribute. It seems like this game is going to be based on the FFG version.

What do You think, considering that all the artwork for expansions are FFG copyrighted, could be possible that we will get expansions and cards exclusive only to that game?

Enter the Talisman Island!

#2 allawi

allawi

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:07 AM

I was excited to read the news at first, but after reading that it will be a single-player PC game only (at first they say), I was highly dissapointed.

Where is the fun in a single-player Talisman PC game? They need to rethink and develop a multiplayer version instead. Would be cool with a web-based browser version, with multiplayer support and a free-2-play model based on micro-transactions, where players pay to customize the looks of their heroes and buying "expanions packs".

That would have been awesome! Single-player Talisman? Meh….

allawi 

#3 Boombastix

Boombastix

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

At first I was in amazed shock! But then again there seems to be no expansions (yet) and it misses the beer and pretzels of a board game get-together. I will buy it though, but not as a replacement.

#4 Uvatha

Uvatha

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

Single player with ai opponnets? Or just one player.

#5 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

This is still in development, and as always, it has to be kept simple at first. Pay attention to what the promo says, for goodness sake: "The first release…"

There have been past attempts to go this route with fantasy board games, and not just Talisman. They have all, for the most part, fallen on their faces.  The "prologue" is a first-stage product… and likely not just a test for the engineered system itself but to see if there really is a market for a board game gone video. If you want to see more than what the "Prologue" can do or is planned to do, either wait and see, or better yet, support it. 

It isn't going to get any further without actual support and profit. In fact, without such support it might not make it to the finish line in the "first release" stage. Many such endeavors have died for that alone.

#6 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:45 AM

From what I can see -

Talisman Prologue will be the single player, version, which will concentrate on questing as you would have achievements in another video game.

After this version has been finished up and released work will continue on adding multi player capability and then who know what else.

I think the questing part looks rather cool and should easily translate to the physical boardgame as you can set yourself challenges and remember, not everyone has a gaming group to play with.

Look at this example screenshot -

It shows a range of Enemy cards around the board, and you likely have to travel around and kill them all, in the mean time encountering the board and other cards as you go.

In order for this venture to be successful, it would be great if the project could get onto Steam, which if you don't know is a digital gaming/content delivery system. I've used it for years for various games and hope to finally play Talisman through it!

If you have Steam, or want to get it, you can vote for Talisman as part of the "Greenlight" process they have of allowing games onto the platform. I shall be doing so now!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=97489182

Not your cup of tea? Vote for it anyway, so that others might be able to play it over Steam! :)

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#7 JCHendee

JCHendee

• Members
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

#8 Battonsson

Battonsson

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:41 PM

I just have voted :)

#9 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

This is some great news!

I am very excited about this!

#10 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:47 AM

I wonder if they will also release expansions in the future, so that you can update the maingame with new cards and characters etc.

#11 tarasis

tarasis

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

I've long wanted Talisman (and expansions) on my iPad for multiplayer &solo fun. (To go along with Carcassone & Ticket To Ride) so while I'm quietly excited by this turn of events, it's a ways to go yet for me. Till then I await Baldurs Gate Enhanced for the iPad.

#12 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:27 PM

I saw some information that Nomad Games want to release this game in November.

#13 rocknrollfantasy

rocknrollfantasy

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:48 AM

I'm looking forward to it, though it would be nice to have multiplayer. How many times, though, have you wanted to play Talisman and there's no one who wants to commit to a couple hours? This will be great in those situations. It'll be fun to play on your phone as well, when you've got some down time. I'm hoping they'll add some expansions as well.

#14 BanthaFodder

BanthaFodder

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

I am certainly interested in this. I don't get much chance to organise real games so actually for me single-player is fine.

I am not surprised that they are starting that way as there are come real complexities when it comes to spells etc. with multi-player.

However, I am disappointed that they are not starting off with the tablet platform. That for me would have been a better fit for what they are trying to achieve. A casual gaming experience is better done in comfort using a tablet rather than a clunking PC. I know it is in plan, I hope that they specify when it will be out as I would rather have an iPad version that PC version. 

Starting small and building up is not a bad approach, especially with the modular approach taken to the board game.

On a side note, I really like Titan on the iPad, shows that the old board games of my youth can be transferred succesfully. 

#15 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

This looks very cool!

The rescue: Bandits have kidnapped the princess! lol

I also see: Warrior Training, Royal Delivery, Dragon Attack, and Utter Chaos:)

#16 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:20 AM

A nice poster! :)

#17 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

BanthaFodder said:

However, I am disappointed that they are not starting off with the tablet platform. That for me would have been a better fit for what they are trying to achieve. A casual gaming experience is better done in comfort using a tablet rather than a clunking PC. I know it is in plan, I hope that they specify when it will be out as I would rather have an iPad version that PC version. 

Not sure why you think sitting at a "clunking PC" is not for casual gaming. I've done far more gaming on the PC than any other platform (consoles included). Frankly, they have a larger market by going to PCs over iPads. The overall market hasn't changed much in terms of sales. More people have or own laptops and desktops vs those that own any kind of ipad.

#18 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

I hope that we also get a Official Soundtrack, so i can use it with my Talisman Board game:)

The music in those trailers are awesome!

#19 Nomad_Carl

Nomad_Carl

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:44 AM

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

My name is Carl and I work at Nomad Games, developers of Talisman Prologue. 

If you have any questions about the game then feel free to send them my way and I'll do my best to answer them for you. We're very excited to be working on this fantastic board game and we hope that over time we can deliver the game you've all been waiting so long for!

Carl

#20 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:04 AM

Nomad_Carl said:

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.

My name is Carl and I work at Nomad Games, developers of Talisman Prologue. 

If you have any questions about the game then feel free to send them my way and I'll do my best to answer them for you. We're very excited to be working on this fantastic board game and we hope that over time we can deliver the game you've all been waiting so long for!

Carl

Hello Carl,

Welcome on the Talisman Forums!

Do you have a mail adress where people can send their questions?

I have ask already a question about a cd on facebook:)

Greetings

Velhart

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS