Montreal City Grid

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 faqtotum

faqtotum

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

Collecting names and reviving the scene in Montreal.  Now that the game is de-archived and rezzed, it's time to run once more!!

Already 6 active players contacted, drop a line and we will get organized play going.

Merci!

#2 The Mick

The Mick

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:09 AM

I'm in Dorval. Where do you guys usually play?

#3 DarkAngel1979

DarkAngel1979

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:06 PM

I would also be interested.

#4 Rick Thewhite

Rick Thewhite

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:10 PM

Hi, I'm from Cowansville (20 minutes from Granby, 1h from Montreal and from Sherbrooke). We are 3 players here so far. We will make an official lauch of Netrunner this Sunday (21th September) at our game store in the evening (www.zonevideo.ca). We intend on doing organized play if we manage to gather enough players to join us in the area. You are welcome to come play with us on Sunday evening (I know it's a bit far, but you're welcome anyway ).

#5 beam1306

beam1306

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:07 AM

Hi,

I'm in Brossard, I don't own Netrunner but would like to get into it if I find a group.

Merci

#6 trollou

trollou

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:49 AM

I would be interested to play in Montreal (with french speaking player)

#7 cosmopolice

cosmopolice

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

Hi, I'd love to play some games with fresh faces! Please contact me to let me know when you guys meet. (je parle français également)

#8 Adje

Adje

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

I know a few people in addition to myself who would be interested in playing! We're all located in the West Island area (4-6 of us). Kind of busy right now with the end of the semester crunch, but once that's over with, I'm sure we'll have lots of time to play!

#9 mormeguil

mormeguil

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

Hello, i'm also a player in Montreal. Maybe we could pick a night and meet up every few weeks to play. :-)

#10 faqtotum

faqtotum

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:50 AM

Hi,

We will have a regular get together at Pub Randolph starting on January 14th.  I am also preparing tournaments for 2013.  Speak soon!

Cheers,

Francois

#11 choux

choux

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

Count me in as well!  I live on the island, plateau area.

#12 mormeguil

mormeguil

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 05:11 AM

If anyone are up for some games anytime on sundays and monday. Send me a private message :-)

#13 noodlenator

noodlenator

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

hi, my name is dan and i play netrunner to. i live in lachine so maybe you want to get together and play a game of netrunner let me know.

#14 faqtotum

faqtotum

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 10:09 AM

First organized play evening for Netrunner in Montreal is set for January 14th, at Pub Randolph starting at 19:00. There will be cool FFG stuff on hand and lots of credits will be spent. Come join the fun!

Pub Randolph

2041 Saint Denis

Montréal, QC

514-419-5001

email: info@randolphpub.com

Please note there is $5 cover charge to get in.  Refreshments and beverages are sold in the pub.

See ya!

Francois

aka faqtotum

#15 Axel29

Axel29

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

I have a playgroup of 2-4 players who might be interested to do organized play, but more on the week-end since we work evening shifts.

Let me know should you ever do so.

#16 faqtotum

faqtotum

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Our first organized play event was great fun.  10 players gathered at Pub Randolph for an evening of learning, testing, bluffing, running and laughing.  A few managed to defy the odds, testing the very limits of their hardware and a more than a few servers were skillfully breached and cleansed of mischevious projects.

Attendees & their total match scores, number of matches, and identities(Runner & Corp):

• Marc-André      58-48 (4)  Gabriel & Weyland
  • David B.            47-30 (3)  Gabriel & Weyland
  • Stephen            47-48 (4)  Kate  & Haas Bioroid
  • Francois C.      45-33 (3)  Gabriel & Haas Bioroid
  • Eric B.               44-44 (3)   Noise & Haas Bioroid
  • Jean-Philippe 31-46 (3)   Noise & Haas Bioroid
  • Hugues            29-56 (3)   Noise &  Weyland
  • Francois P.      28-24 (2)  Gabriel & NBN
  • Eric Y.               22-34 (2)   Noise & NBN
  • David C.           20-7 (1)     Gabriel & Weyland

As this was the group's first gathering, we didn't time the matches or enforce tournament rules.  The idea was for everyone to have fun and try out their decks.  It was the first time playing the game for two players; it was the perfect moment for newbies!

Noone was brave enough to give Whizzard a try, but we did see plenty of the cards from the first expansion (the second one wasn't yet in anyone's hands yesterday…).  Given the number of groans from missing credits to trash those pesky Pad Campaigns, I suspect we may see Whizzard yet…  Most decks were customized and there was sufficient variety to offer challenges for the new and veteran players.  Some even resurrected from a previous golden age.  Oh and yes, it happened a few times when someone was just one credit short of the perfect plan.  The game is designed to do that.  Repeatedly.

The highlights of the evening include two flatlines; an eerie sequence of runs against my NBN HQ where the lone Closed Accounts was picked 5 times in a row and in the same game a Closed Accounts wiped out 9 credits from Noise; a player insisted on accessing Biotic Labor from HQ, not once, not twice but 8 times.

This particular card has a story.  In the very first Netrunner game I played back in October, I managed to access this card 4 times in a row from HQ.  Being royally miffed, I shifted my attention to R&D, only to find..  Biotic Labor.  By that point, my opponent, Stephen, was having a hard time breathing from the incessant laughter, but he could tell I wasn't pleased with what I had just seen.  When Stephen drew it, right then I knew he was going mad with joy.  The really weird thing is that Marc-André who managed to access it 8 times last night, was right there to witness the scene.  
The card has been renamed the Twins.  The reference is obfuscated, but here goes: the two bioroïds on the card look like Mulder & Scully from the X Files, which the creator said was inspired by the show Twin Peaks.  Hence the Twins.

More organized play will be held; next event will be in February.  But many players are keen to play, so find them on FantasyFlightGames.com, or send me a request to join the Montreal City Grid on Facebook or Google+.  Events will be posted in the fantasyflightgames.com forums as well.
Thanks!

#17 DarkAngel1979

DarkAngel1979

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

M'y highlight of the night was scoring from 0 to 7 with Noise finally breaking through Archives after a very large number of failed runs.

#18 alphasyndrome

alphasyndrome

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

My highlight?  My deck construction and random shuffling that totally saved me from a Noise R&D search deck that I was unprepared for.
Miscalculated defenses on R&D, Runner has enough creds/resources to run and access R&D, does so 4 times in same turn, with 2 Mediums out.

He accessed about 11 cards from R&D in the fourth run that turn.

Not one was an agenda or a trashable card.

We were both mystified :)

#19 beam1306

beam1306

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:19 AM

beam1306 said:

Hi,

I'm in Brossard, I don't own Netrunner but would like to get into it if I find a group.

Merci

I'm a proud owner now and I wish I could have been to that tournament!

#20 milhouse46

milhouse46

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Waiting a whole month for the next meetup was too long for me, so I decided to offer my humble place for a small evening of Netrunner. We were six players, and it's surprising how competitive all the players were! There's already a very good maturity in our local pool, and the future looks pretty good!

Here are our results for yesterday, with the scores, the number of matches played and the decks played.

Eric Y

36 (2)

Gabriel & Haas-Bioroid

David

36 (3)

Noise & Haas-Bioroid

Eric B

34 (2)

Gabriel & Weyland

Jonathan

31 (3)

Gabriel & Haas-Bioroid

Marc-André

20 (2)

Noise & Jinteki

Jean-Philippe

20 (2)

Noise & Haas-Bioroid

See you next time!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS