per-written adventures

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 DOCmedic

DOCmedic

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:01 PM

Basically the question i have for FFG is will the beginners Edge of Empire game have a different per-written adventure or adventures than the core rule book.  I've read the beta rule book and i understand how to play and how to teach it to others.  The thing is the only professionally written adventure was the kyrates one in the back of the beta. Will The core rule book include more adventures than just the one.  The only reason i have to buy the beginners rule book is to get some dice and 30 dollars is way to steep for some dice.  It would tip the scale in favor of buying if the story adventures were unique and some thing i could use for games.  (i don’t have a lot of time to write or make adventures of my own and even if i did they would never be as good as a professional author with access to countless source and reference materials).  

Thanks

#2 DOCmedic

DOCmedic

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

sorry pre-written not per-written.  :(

#3 bloomkareninaishmael

bloomkareninaishmael

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:09 PM

For me, since it sounds like they're going to come out with some stand-alone pre-written adventures, and since I have no doubt they're going to come out with a little dice set, I'm just going to save my money.

#4 Gobbo

Gobbo

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

bloomkareninaishmael said:

For me, since it sounds like they're going to come out with some stand-alone pre-written adventures, and since I have no doubt they're going to come out with a little dice set, I'm just going to save my money.

I might get this just for the maps…

#5 Ultimate2099

Ultimate2099

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

So just to clarify, since my copy of the beta book is in the mail, is the adventure included in the Beginners Box Set the same one at the end of the beta book? 

#6 nobble

nobble

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:26 PM

no its a different one, the one in the beta book is called Crates of Krayts

Here was are now.. at the middle.. more and more.. I have the feeling we are getting nowhere...slowly we are getting nowhere and that is a pleasure... it is not irritating to be where one is ... it is only irritating to think one would like to be somewhere else... if we are irritated it is not a pleasure...nothing is a pleasure if we are irritated but suddenly it is a pleasure.. and more and more it is not irritating.. originally we were nowhere and now again we  have the pleasure of slowly being nowhere

#7 john_nld

john_nld

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:07 AM

Now that the hardcover is going to be available late in Q2 I think for the beginner game an extra pre written adventure should come out. What do you guys think. As for being new as a GM and tend o be a bit lazy this one would help me a lot. Although I am working up a story thanks to all the people responding to the post on how to proceed on making an adventure with the beginner book.

A pre written story always needs to be played out and I guess the Hutts will be on the tails of our band of scruffy looking nerfherders.

#8 ErikB

ErikB

• Members
  • 930 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:32 AM

Just checking that people are aware of the 44 page expansion/sequel adventure 'The Long Arm of the Hutt', available now to download from the support section of this website:-

http://www.fantasyfl...eidm=224&esem=4

If you want a picture of the Empire, imagine a jackboot stamping on a beings face - forever.

#9 Dustin

Dustin

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

john_nld said:

Now that the hardcover is going to be available late in Q2 I think for the beginner game an extra pre written adventure should come out. What do you guys think. As for being new as a GM and tend o be a bit lazy this one would help me a lot. Although I am working up a story thanks to all the people responding to the post on how to proceed on making an adventure with the beginner book.

A pre written story always needs to be played out and I guess the Hutts will be on the tails of our band of scruffy looking nerfherders.

I would like to see the adventure that was in the Beta book. I wonder if that would be a download sometime.

#10 john_nld

john_nld

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

I kind of hope and think that the adventure in the Beta rules is for the owners of the beta rules and a new adventure will be in the released core rulebook.

I hope this because I am the proud owner of that beta book. one of the tens of  copies that ended  up here in the Netherlands.

However I was hoping for the follow up on long arm. Well we are not a fast playing group but we are a band of mischivous folk that tend to swing the story to where it shouldn't go. So the follow up would give our GM a firm grasp on our destiny.

#11 Dustin

Dustin

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:49 AM

for the sake of having more, I hope you are right. But at the same time, I hope they release that Beta adventure for free :-)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS