• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Alekzanter

Alekzanter

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:42 AM

SPOILERS!

IF YOU ARE A PLAYER, YOU SHOULD NOT READ THIS POST. IF YOU ARE A PLAYER AND YOU READ THIS POST, SHAME ON YOU.

A new threat stalks out of the darkness of the Koronus Expanse. The hulks of fire-blackened vessels tumble derelict in the void, victims of savage ambushes. Colony townships have gone silent, ruthlessly destroyed, no survivors found. Until recently, these attacks have been scattered, seemingly without coordination. Now, as "Battlefleet Koronus" finds itself overwhelmed by increased attacks on supply shipping and infant colonies, this threat has concentrated its efforts on one goal: following an unknown siren call into Zone 51, through the Warp Gate, into the Well of Night and beyond.

The Rak'Gol have come to the Jericho Reach. None know why, but their presence in the Reach will upset a tenuous balance, and it is only a matter of time before they engage in indiscriminate conflict with the Imperium and her enemies, and it is to the Deathwatch that Crusade Command looks for answers and salvation.

The Koronus Beastiary: buy it.

#2 Decessor

Decessor

• Members
  • 972 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:01 AM

If you're looking for questions, here is one: how did the Rak'gol reach and bypass the rather strong naval blockade around the warp gate? Sheer weight of numbers or some cunning technology?

I like the Rak'gol as an enemy for Deathwatch but that is something you should work out.

#3 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

I don't care for the Jericho Reach setting, so I've been playing Deathwatch in the Calixis Sector (until I get my own home-made sector up and running…); the Slaught make great DW adversaries, and I've been looking foward to using the Rak'gol (in my campaign, the badly over-extended Calixis Deathwatch has also pledged to support the Margin Crusade into the Koronus Expanse).

#4 DJSunhammer

DJSunhammer

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

Decessor said:

If you're looking for questions, here is one: how did the Rak'gol reach and bypass the rather strong naval blockade around the warp gate? Sheer weight of numbers or some cunning technology?

I like the Rak'gol as an enemy for Deathwatch but that is something you should work out.

This. I hope you realize the Jericho Reach is literally across the galaxy from the Koronus Expanse. Specifically, near Ultramar, which is in the galactic East, not the galactic North, where the Expanse and the Calixis Sector are located. A bunch of ships tumbled from the Expanse? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Also. I'm a player and I feel no shame. None. At. All.

#5 Decessor

Decessor

• Members
  • 972 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:35 AM

Adeptus-B said:

I don't care for the Jericho Reach setting, so I've been playing Deathwatch in the Calixis Sector (until I get my own home-made sector up and running…); the Slaught make great DW adversaries, and I've been looking foward to using the Rak'gol (in my campaign, the badly over-extended Calixis Deathwatch has also pledged to support the Margin Crusade into the Koronus Expanse).

Interesting. My own Deathwatch game is set from a watch fortress in the Calixis Sector with the killteam as a voidship based rapid response unit. At least until the very last mission that just ended with a successful massing of killteams to kill all three major warbosses in Undred Undred Teef and the end of Da Wurldbreaka. More missions in the Expanse are coming and Rak'gol are certainly a possibility. The killteam already hate the slaugth and with good reason. ;)

#6 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:45 AM

Decessor said:

My own Deathwatch game is set from a watch fortress in the Calixis Sector with the killteam as a voidship based rapid response unit. At least until the very last mission that just ended with a successful massing of killteams to kill all three major warbosses in Undred Undred Teef and the end of Da Wurldbreaka. More missions in the Expanse are coming and Rak'gol are certainly a possibility.

Cool. I use the Threnos Zone as the site of the main Watch Fortress in Calixis (orbiting the charred remains of the Yu'Vath capitol world- which still has miles of unexplored tunnelss below the surface filled with xenoartifacts and thus must be constantly guarded from those who would plunder it for the Cold Trade). My campaign hasn't made it into the Koronus Expanse yet, but I'm looking foward to it…

#7 Alekzanter

Alekzanter

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

Alekzanter said:

Now, as "Battlefleet Koronus" finds itself overwhelmed by increased attacks on supply shipping and infant colonies, this threat has concentrated its efforts on one goal: following an unknown siren call into Zone 51, through the Warp Gate, into the Well of Night and beyond.

Did I really have to type this out as an 80k word description, or won't the summary cover it?

#8 Alekzanter

Alekzanter

• Members
  • 337 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

DJSunhammer said:

Also. I'm a player and I feel no shame. None. At. All.

I. Can. Tell.

#9 Decessor

Decessor

• Members
  • 972 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:30 AM

Alekzanter said:

Alekzanter said:

Now, as "Battlefleet Koronus" finds itself overwhelmed by increased attacks on supply shipping and infant colonies, this threat has concentrated its efforts on one goal: following an unknown siren call into Zone 51, through the Warp Gate, into the Well of Night and beyond.

Did I really have to type this out as an 80k word description, or won't the summary cover it?

While Battlefleet Koronus might get stretched, I personally have trouble imagining them getting lax on the gate defenses. The gate is literally a lifeline to an entire crusade. So hence my point that you should work out just how the Rak'gol managed to get by, because there is no way that gate is going to left undefended for any length of time unless the defenders have been blown up or bypassed somehow.

#10 Thebigjul

Thebigjul

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:19 AM

Maybe an alternative way for the Rak Gol is needed.

It woulb be for example a way trough the Hadex anomaly.

A Rak Gol fleet have found a warp anomaly and have been capture by it then respawn in the jericho reach, or a Chaos sorcerer have tought it would be great to add new threat to the Imperium in the jerico rech and made a pact or lure ht eRak Gol into a vortex making them appear in the Jericho reach…

It is easyer thant finding a way to breach the blocus of the gate.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS