GenCon Death Star Scenario

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Stone

Stone

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:24 AM

Did anyone play on the FFG X-Wing Death Star table at GenCon?  In looking at the photos, the table had Death Star defense guns, and I was wondering what the scenario was.   Could the defense guns fire and were destroying them an objective of he scenario?    I liked the looks o the table and the defense guns would add some fun for scenario games.  

Thanks,

Tim

#2 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:45 AM

Stone said:

Did anyone play on the FFG X-Wing Death Star table at GenCon?  In looking at the photos, the table had Death Star defense guns, and I was wondering what the scenario was.   Could the defense guns fire and were destroying them an objective of he scenario?    I liked the looks o the table and the defense guns would add some fun for scenario games.  

Thanks,

Tim

I played that scenario at Gen Con.  From what I remember, the turrets fire at a maximum range of 2.  I don't recall what their "skill" rank was off hand, or what the set up would be -- how far apart the turrets need to be from another turret. 
The goals for a Rebel victory were destroy 4 turrets (?), or eliminate all the TIE Fighters.

I would really like FFG to make a version available to play at home, using tokens -- a la the asteroids from the Core Set

#3 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:50 AM

SteveSpikes said:

Stone said:

Thanks,

Tim

I played that scenario at Gen Con.  From what I remember, the turrets fire at a maximum range of 2.  I don't recall what their "skill" rank was off hand, or what the set up would be -- how far apart the turrets need to be from another turret. 
The goals for a Rebel victory were destroy 4 turrets (?), or eliminate all the TIE Fighters.

I would really like FFG to make a version available to play at home, using tokens -- a la the asteroids from the Core Set

. . . I also recall that the turrets rolled 2 Attack/Defense dice.  I could be wrong though.

If I remember anything else, I'll post it here.

#4 Stone

Stone

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:57 AM

Fantastic, thanks.    From looking at the photos it looked like a really fun scenario.  

#5 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:50 AM

I have all kinds of plans for making up scenarios in my head. Once I feel really comfortable with the rules, I will try them out and see what I can make work.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS