Cards

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 CongoPete

CongoPete

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:05 PM

Are the cards you get in the expansion packs random  ?

if i own the core set and one xwing expansion is that all i need if i just want to build xwing squadrons ?

is there a list somewhere of all of these ?

#2 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

They are not random, you always get the same ones

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#3 Daveydavedave

Daveydavedave

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

If you're sure you ONLY want X-Wings (which probably works just fine, actually), then you will probably want a minimum of 3, if not 4 of them.  The starter comes with one, each booster comes with one.  Wedge only comes in the booster, Luke only comes in the starter.  Vandersson has made an xls spreadsheet of the pilots, point costs, stats, and abilities here.  

#4 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

Yes.  That's what differentiates FFG's X-Wing Miniatures Game from Wizards of the Coast's Star Wars Miniatures Game/Starship Battles Game, is that you know what you're getting in the Core Set and Expansions.

#5 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

SteveSpikes said:

Yes.  That's what differentiates FFG's X-Wing Miniatures Game from Wizards of the Coast's Star Wars Miniatures Game/Starship Battles Game, is that you know what you're getting in the Core Set and Expansions.

Well, that and they're two very different types of war games.

#6 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:32 PM

I was referring to the randomness of the games.

#7 vadersson

vadersson

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

BTW, the spreadsheet is updated with the 2nd wave info so far.  Check out my sig below for a new link.

thanks,

Duncan

Gold 109 (ret.)

Wesa need Gungans!

#8 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

awesome spreadsheet dude, can u make one that includes the upgrades they each come with as well? i stupidly opened my packs and slapped everything together and now am not sure what droids and upgrades came with what so im tryin to see which sets i wanna buy next based on upgrades. (I know dumb move, i was just too excited to be finally owning the game lol)

"It was so artistically done."-Grand Admiral Thrawn

#9 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

yagyu said:

awesome spreadsheet dude, can u make one that includes the upgrades they each come with as well? i stupidly opened my packs and slapped everything together and now am not sure what droids and upgrades came with what so im tryin to see which sets i wanna buy next based on upgrades. (I know dumb move, i was just too excited to be finally owning the game lol)

The spreadsheet comes with tabs for all the cards including the upgrades.  Download the file and open it in Excel.

Roy

#10 Daveydavedave

Daveydavedave

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

vadersson said:

BTW, the spreadsheet is updated with the 2nd wave info so far.  Check out my sig below for a new link.

thanks,

Duncan

Duncan - THANKS brother!  Really great work on this squad building tool.  Helps to plan you purchases too when you can see the card text and stats of the pilots in each expansion.

#11 Daveydavedave

Daveydavedave

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

vadersson said:

thanks,

Duncan

vadersson said:

thanks,

Duncan

Duncan - THANKS brother!  Really great work on this squad building tool.  Helps to plan you purchases too when you can see the card text and stats of the pilots in each expansion.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS