Photo

Generating and using threat and advantage in combat.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MKHawkeye

MKHawkeye

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:13 AM

I just ran my first session and it went fairly well but there was some confusion about combat. When PCs roll they can use advantage if there is a net advantage and if there is a net threat then the GM can use that but what about for NPCs. If there is net advantage on an NPC roll does the GM use it ? If there is net threat from an NPC attack do the PCs use it?

#2 gribble

gribble

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:45 AM

I'm not sure that players spending threat for opponents is actually stated anywhere in the rules, but I think that is the intent (as always, with the GM able to overrule the PCs if they choose something that doesn't fit the story) and that's the way I'd rule it.

Star Wars Edge of the Empire (Beta test) resources

Reference Sheets | Combat Reference Sheet | Critical Cards | Talent Tree Reference

#3 EldritchFire

EldritchFire

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:54 PM

Page 132, Resolve Advantage and Triumph, and page 133, Resolve Threat and Despair says the active player chooses how his character spends advantage/triumph and the GM decides how to spend threat/despair. However, it does go on to say that the GM can let the players spend the threat generated on NPCs rolls.

-EF

#4 awayputurwpn

awayputurwpn

• Members
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

This system encourages player participation so much that it's awesome. I'd say go with the rules stated above and let the player spend the Threat rolled by NPCs against him or her. It's like Attacks of Opportunity except more fun.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS