Pretty maids all in a row…

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 AngryMojo

AngryMojo

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:24 AM

Another Imperial victory over the rebels, as a squadron of Academy Pilots maintains formation against the traitorous Duch Vandar.

Poor Dutch…

#2 AngryMojo

AngryMojo

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:26 AM

Resized picture, because apparently I can't edit.

#3 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:46 PM

Nice. So did you keep your TIEs that close together in formation the whole game?

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#4 AngryMojo

AngryMojo

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:59 PM

Parakitor said:

Nice. So did you keep your TIEs that close together in formation the whole game?

The final positioning was more providence than design, but still interesting.  I've been playing around with formation movement, and it seems surprisingly effective.

#5 Guest_Not In Sample_*

Guest_Not In Sample_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

Its great as long as you are not playing a team game because you can coordinate movements and keep formation because you know whats under the dials. I am terrified of the upcoming doubles match we are having because you are not allowed to show your partner what's under your dial and you have to discuss everything so that the other team can hear…. What's up with that? We can't keep a damn channel secure?

Damn Bothan spies hacking into all our comms! 

#6 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

Do you always have to keep the lower skilled pilots in front?  TIEs seem to be all about working together and fighting in formation, but I haven't got the nack yet.  I find myself colliding with my self too often.

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#7 AngryMojo

AngryMojo

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:03 PM

Hrathen said:

Do you always have to keep the lower skilled pilots in front?  TIEs seem to be all about working together and fighting in formation, but I haven't got the nack yet.  I find myself colliding with my self too often.

Unfortunately yes, the Academy Pilots usually wind up in front.  I've found avoiding the collisions is one of the most important things you can do as an Imperial player.  If you can get the evade action, it's really hard to shoot a TIE down.  Otherwise your hull is made of paper mache.  That's why I'm practicing formation movement, it keeps my figures organized and avoids collisions with friendly models.  I'll probably post a few pics of how I do it tomorrow.

#8 Tenrousei

Tenrousei

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:43 AM

Speaking from the opposing end (I was the Rebel player in this game) formations are something of an interesting concept.  I can honestly say that from a rebellion perspective, sticking close together is about the best way I've found on how to handle a TIE Swarm.

And the rematch was quite different. :P

It's a game: have fun.  If is stops being fun, stop playing.

The greatest evil is the indifference of good men.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS