New Upgrades with the New Ships

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

We all expected to see new upgrades with the new ships, but as I was looking at the blurry pictures blown up 200% or so I noticed that even though the TIE Intercepter and the A-Wing have new upgrades they do not have new upgrade icons.  There are at least two new Elite Pilot upgrades and a new concussion missile upgrade that come with these new ships.  So not only will buying these ships let us play the new ships, but it will add new things we can do with our old ships.

For example there is nothing stopping me from giveing Darth Vader the What ever the new missile upgrade that we get with the A-Wing.

I can't read what they are, can anyone make them out better than me.

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

#2 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:50 PM

I wish FFG had made some links on the article, so I could get a good look at some of the new cards the way they did with their other articles.

#3 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

For what it's worth, my guess is that those are the faction-specific upgrades and that they are therefore not ship-specific, hence, no need for upgrade symbols.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#4 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:42 PM

Budgernaut said:

For what it's worth, my guess is that those are the faction-specific upgrades and that they are therefore not ship-specific, hence, no need for upgrade symbols.

except, at least in the case of the A-wing and TIE interceptor the elite skill symbol is pretty clear.

#5 sverigesson

sverigesson

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:35 AM

Hrathen said:

I wish FFG had made some links on the article, so I could get a good look at some of the new cards the way they did with their other articles.

Hey, they need fodder for future previews… what, you just thought they were gonna give away the goods on the first (up)date?

#6 DavicusPrime

DavicusPrime

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

That's kinda what i was thinking…  Going from the way they "previewed" all the expansions from wave 1, we'll be getting more articles, one per expansion with links to a selection of the upgrades and pilot cards that they want to highlight.

-DavicusPrime

#7 vadersson

vadersson

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

I  just updated my spreadsheet (see sig) with what I could make out from the previews.  I wish the Falcon and Slave I had been clearer, but there were clearly some cards reused from the base set, and at least 1 card from the A-wing that the Falcon also has.  If anyone figures anything else out, let me know and I will add it to the sheet.

Thanks,

Duncan

Gold 109 (ret.)

Wesa need Gungans!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS