Indianapolis Area Players

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:03 AM

Anyone else from the Indy area?  We should get some games going and/or organized play.

#2 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:57 PM

I'm about an hour north of you in West Lafayette, but I'm not opposed to driving down every once in a while to meet up with the Indy folk.

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#3 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:26 AM

Indy's north side (Carmel) representin' here.

#4 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:49 AM

SteveSpikes said:

Indy's north side (Carmel) representin' here.

Hey, I'm doing some research on ash trees in that area. Neat. You're so lucky to have a LEGO store there, too!

#5 Fett85

Fett85

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 03:33 PM

North side of indy here as well 

#6 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:01 PM

Any of you guys planning to check out the Demo Event at The Game Preserve -- Fashion Mall Commons this Saturday?

I should be there around 11:30 am.  A friend of mine is running the event, so I'll be there for the entire thing. 

For info, check out this thread:
www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp
or go to The Game Preserve's website -- event's calendar: gamepreservestores.com/.

Hope to see you there.

#7 Daroe

Daroe

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:23 AM

I'm on the South Side of Indy.  We are working to organize some things on this side of town.

#8 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 04:27 AM

Daroe said:

I'm on the South Side of Indy.  We are working to organize some things on this side of town.

Awesome, I'm down on the south side too.  I hope you get something organized :-)

#9 Gelion

Gelion

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:27 AM

I'm a north-sider, too (Fishers), but this weekend is, unfortunately, dead to me. I'll definitely be looking for more events on our side of town in the future, especially at Game Preserve.

Mos Eisley Radio - Your source for Star Wars gaming news, reviews, and commentary

#10 batfan992000

batfan992000

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:22 PM

Hey I am in Lafayette. Anybody know if our local game preserve will have a night for this game?

#11 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:57 PM

I  just checked the website.  A X-Wing "event" is not on "the books" for the next few months.  It looks like they have Thursdays and Saturdays open, though.

You could always call and see if they would put one or more on the schedule.

#12 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 11:53 PM

batfan992000 said:

Hey I am in Lafayette. Anybody know if our local game preserve will have a night for this game?

I checked in with The Sage's Shoppe on Sagamore Parkway in West Lafayette and they have a demo box and have the product for sale. We should totally get together and play!

I'm still on the fence about whether to drive all the way down to Indy this Saturday for the demo event. Sounds fun, but it's a bit of a drive.

#13 SteveSpikes

SteveSpikes

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:35 AM

If you do make the trip down, it'll be great meeting you . . . in person.
If not, good luck, and I hope you enjoy the game.  See you in the future then.

#14 twigster

twigster

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:29 AM

Manager of the GP North here. I've been hyping this event to everyone who has bought product at this location. Everyone seems very excited about it. Hoping this could turn into something semi-regularly. Have contacted my FFG rep, seeing if there's anything in the pipe that they might provide in the way of organized play for it.

-Alex

#15 Gelion

Gelion

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:33 PM

And for those north Indy people who haven't gotten the OTHER new Star Wars game yet, GP Keystone has, I think, eight copies of Edge of the Empire beta book in stock (as of 9pm last night).  So, if you missed it at GenCon, grab 'em fast!

Mos Eisley Radio - Your source for Star Wars gaming news, reviews, and commentary

#16 twigster

twigster

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

what he said. ;)  Very interesting looking system.

#17 Waldojay

Waldojay

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:27 AM

I am on the Westside but work on the southside. I am interested in some organized play, lets do our best to make this happen. I will be inquiring with my local game store about possible hosting an event. 

#18 indyirishclover

indyirishclover

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:12 PM

Hey,

I am also looking into finding more players that play the Xwing game. I played the demo at Game Preserve North and it was a blast. I know some of the people I met are getting together next week to talk about a club. So if you are interested in connecting with people who play, contact me and we can get started. Hope to hear from you soon.

#19 Herrgeist

Herrgeist

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

Hey everyone, I'm new to X-Wing but have recently got enough to play 100 point games. I live right by Arsenal game room, and play Leviathans there quite frequently. Hit me up and lets get some games going. 

#20 Herrgeist

Herrgeist

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

Arsenal Game Room this Saturday we have a game room from 1-6, anyone and everyone is invited for casual play. Hope to see people there!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS