I'm raising a rules lawyer…

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Airborne Engineer

Airborne Engineer

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:12 AM

SO I am playing a game with my little boy, who is almost 4 years old.  He watches anything he can on astronomy so he just dove into Star Wars as the coolest thing ever.

We are just using the intro rules and he is actually doing pretty well at 1 ship on 1 ship battles and at getting the mechanics.  Well at one point Vader and Skywalker blow by each other and neither of us has a firing arc.  So he argues that he can shoot his laser at a star on the game mat, and the star's gravity will bend the laser around and hit Vader's Tie Advanced.  So he is bringing Einstein's Theory of Relativity into rules discussions while we plan his 4th birthday party.  I am in so much trouble… 

#2 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:14 AM

Hilarious! 

#3 bsmith13

bsmith13

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:09 AM

Be Afraid, very afraid.  If he can come up with that kind of argument at this age, think what kind of Jedi Mind Tricks he will use on you when he is a teenager.

#4 Hrathen

Hrathen

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:15 AM

That is just about the coolest story I have ever heard in relation to this game. (cut out the just about)

Putting an end to this distructive conflict and bringing order to the galaxy.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS