Arkham encounters--investigators with encounter marker

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mimulus

Mimulus

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:15 PM

When an investigator has an explored marker, does the act of closing the gate count as the Arkham encounter for that turn, or does the investigator have to resolve the Arkham encounter and then try to close the gate?

#2 Nun of your business

Nun of your business

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

My understanding (and granted, I've played a sum total of three entire games) is that a gate token actually takes the place of a location, in game. As it is, no encounter card is drawn for an investigator in a location that has a gate, as that location, for the duration of the open gate, has ceased to be in that particular spot. Instead, you've got yourself a gaping, pulsating tear in the fabric of this reality.

So, more to the point, the attempt to close the gate counts as your encounter phase.

At least, that's what I've been lead to believe.

#3 Mimulus

Mimulus

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

Thanks.  That makes sense.  I played my first game today, and we played that way, but it was good to hear someone confirm that we played it right.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS