Photo

Can you use a clue token to re roll to see if you lose a curse?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 John Bua

John Bua

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:43 PM

My friend used a clue token to re roll to see if he could shed his cursed card.   We allowed it, but reserved the right to nay say it in the future.  I think its a foul, but I went with the group.  So what is the call on this this?

#2 Nun of your business

Nun of your business

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

My vote would say it's technically illegal, as the rules specifically state:

"A player may spend Clue tokens, one at a time, after any skill check (failed or not)."

As it specifies a skill check, the roll to remove a curse isn't attributed to any skill, per se, and therefore, probably wouldn't be applicable.

But darn it if I don't think that's a fun idea, and want to see if the kids I play with wouldn't want to house rule it into existance. 

#3 Tox

Tox

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:08 AM

John Bua said:

My friend used a clue token to re roll to see if he could shed his cursed card.   We allowed it, but reserved the right to nay say it in the future.  I think its a foul, but I went with the group.  So what is the call on this this?

Like Nun said, it's not legal by the rules. Clues are only for skill checks. There are quite a few instances when you are called to roll dice, without that being a skill check, so allowing it will have a significant impact on the game.

#4 allstar64

allstar64

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:15 AM

It is illegal. Clue tokens only ADD to skill checks. They don't let you re-roll anything. This is significant cause if I use 3 clue tokens on a check and then get a re-roll from Mandy (the researcher) I re-roll all the extra die I "bought" using clue tokens.

Curse/Blessing/Retainer rolls are not skill checks so you cannot add die to them.

#5 John Bua

John Bua

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:21 AM

I thought it was illegal,  I just wanted some back up.   Thanks guys.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS