Great walk through videos!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Hashik

Hashik

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

The walk through videos that are now up in the News section (http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=3571) are great - I'm sending the link around to my fellow gamer friends to get them on board to play in the next few weeks. These are perfect to get folks up and running on the basics ahead of time in order to spend more time playing the game. Thanks!

#2 bsmith13

bsmith13

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:51 PM

I agree!  Those are a lot of fun to watch, and help solidify the rules in my mind.  Check 'em out.

#3 rhaak

rhaak

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:20 PM

To bad Flash is required. Couldn't view the video on my iPad.

#4 rhaak

rhaak

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

rhaak said:

To bad Flash is required. Couldn't view the video on my iPad.

Wait !!! I found the youtube link!!

#5 VonEpp

VonEpp

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:06 AM

I wanted to thank Fantasy Flight Games and their staff for developing and  publishing of this OUTSTANDING "walk-through"  video!  Absolutely fantastic

This is by far the best and most informative video I have ever seen regarding rule introduction and game demo! 

FANTASTIC!

Thanks FFG!

Now, since basically sitting on the fence on making my purchase of this game, I'm in and will make my purchase hopefully today!

Now…it's time to find me  a "tie"….muhahahahaha!

Epp

#6 R5Don4

R5Don4

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:19 AM

I would have preferred they used the actual game pieces rather than computer animated simulation, but I'm not complaining, the video is great.

Great forum http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/index

Looking for a game in the Greater Toronto Area?  We can hook you up https://www.facebook.com/groups/swgon/ Star Wars Gaming Ontario formerly known as Star Wars Miniatures Toronto

#7 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:22 AM

R5Don4 said:

I would have preferred they used the actual game pieces rather than computer animated simulation, but I'm not complaining, the video is great.

FFG never uses "real" pieces for this sort of thing. That way, everything is at its most correct angle.

#8 vadersson

vadersson

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

Wow, those videos were really good.  They even used movie sound clips and everything.  I do think it would have been nice to use real pieces, but the CG was pretty impressive.  Excellent work FFG.

Thanks,

Duncan

Gold 109 (ret.)

Wesa need Gungans!

#9 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

They also prompted me to look back at the rules and discover that "Attacks" are not considered an "Action" in the context of the game. I thought they made a mistake letting the TIE with the Stress Token fire at the X-Wing in the video, but "Actions" are taking focus tokens or using target locks. So, you can take a red maneuver to get someone in your sights to blow them out of the sky if you get the right dice rolls.

#10 Daveydavedave

Daveydavedave

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

Really really stellar quality.  I'll be using these videos as a commercial resource to get friends into the game.  Every game store should have a screen playing this looped for potential customers.  It's as high quality as the game is.  I'm really really impressed.  I'm glad FFG is setting a standard for quality in the board gaming industry.  They are the Apple/Nordstrom of gaming.  Keep it up!

#11 WarLokk

WarLokk

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

I have to admit I didn't really have this game on my radar but after seeing the walk through I really want to try it out.

#12 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:44 PM

Ah, I'm so giddy! From the moment I watched the tutorial videos I was impressed with the music (of all things). I couldn't figure out why they would use non-Star Wars music if the have acquired the license. Moreover, why would they pay to have somebody write Star Wars-style music?

Well, two weeks ago I got to go to the local symphony orchestra which performed John Williams' "The Star Wars Suite" followed by "The Planets Suite" by Holst. The program described some of the similarities between the pieces, and explained how "The Planets" greatly influenced John Williams' score for Star Wars (just compare "Mars" with "The Imperial March" and you'll get a good feel for this).

When I just watched the tutorial I realized that this is exactly what's playing in the background in the tutorial videos. So cool! Part 1 is "Mars - Bringer of War." Part 2 is "Neptune - The Mystic." Part 3 sounds like "Saturn - Bringer of Old Age," though I'm not entirely sure. Part 4 seems to continue that song from Part 3..

Wow. Just amazing. Is anybody else as excited about this as I am? I love learning about music.

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#13 JMichael

JMichael

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

I was on the fence about getting the game.  But after the videos, which I watched at work…bought the starter and 4 ships on my way home!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS