Terrain + larger ships?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tubiux

tubiux

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:59 AM

I haven't even played the game, but I gladly admit that I'm caught by the hype. Finally someone, who doesn't cater to the new movies. This feels like the good ol' times when I was playing with my Kenner figures 25+ years ago.

I good friend of mine, and hardcore Star Wars geek, is a stunning painter, and modeller. He was won the Golden Demon award, so he's the real deal. I know he made a bunch of asteroids etc. for Space Fleet (Games Workshop). Without even really know the mechanics of X-Wing, I'm thinking of having him build me some terrain. What should I shoot for? Asteroids? I guess that's it, or?

He can ofcourse, also make ships, so I'm actually thinking about getting an Alderaan Cruiser. Is that way out of control? are there any other ships you think I could have him custom build, which we won't see in the near future?

/T

ps. The new ships are sick. Gotta get them as soon as they're out.

#2 vadersson

vadersson

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

Hello,

Well there are a few issues to consider.  

1.  Terrian in the game can be moved onto, which represents the 3D nature of space.  So currently all the asteriods are flat to allow for manuvering through them (there are some collision rules, so you don't just fly through them.)  Adding any 3D terrain may prove difficult.

2.  The scale of the game is 1:270.  To make a scale Alderaan Cruiser (i.e. Corellian Corvette) it would be like 25 inches long.  You would be better to focus on smaller custom ships at this point.  If you have something from the EU that you like (E-wing, TIE Defender, etc) that would be a better choice of something to make up.  Of course a generic transport is always good too.

Glad to see you on board.  Enjoy!

May the Force be with you,
Duncan

Gold 109 (ret.)

Wesa need Gungans!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS