Photo

Millennium Falcon, Slave 1, TIE Interceptor, and A-wing!!

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

Looks like it official! http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=3565

First thoughts:

The Millennium Falcon has a 3 Attack, 1 Agility, 3 Hull, and 5 Shields. No sure what the circular icon is on the base around the hole.  Comes with 4 pilots, 13 upgrades, and apparently some new rules associated with it.  And it looks like there will be NO non-unique YT-1300 pilots.

Slave 1  has 3 Attack, 2 Agility, 5?? Hull, and 5 Shields.  Looks like it has a front and back firing arc. Comes with 4 pilots, 12 upgrades, and new rules and mission. Not sure if there will be any non-unique firespray pilots.

A-wing has 2 Attack, 3 Agility, 2 Hull, and 2 Shields.  Comes with 4 pilots (including Tycho Celchu) and 5 upgrades.

TIE Interceptor has 3 Attack, 3 Agility, 3 Hull, and No Shields. Comes with 6 pilots (including Soontir Fel), 2 upgrades, and a new action called Boost.

What do you guys think?

Roy

#2 Highball

Highball

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:28 AM

I read it as an 8 on the Falcon's hull value.  I also thought I saw a cost of 47, so that much hull and shields would make sense for about the cost of 2 Y-wings.

I couldn't tell the cost on Slave-1, but the A-Wing seems to be in the mid 20's and the TI seems to be 18.

#3 Prathin

Prathin

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:33 AM

drkjedi35 said:

First thoughts:

The Millennium Falcon has a 3 Attack, 1 Agility, 3 Hull, and 5 Shields. No sure what the circular icon is on the base around the hole.  Comes with 4 pilots, 13 upgrades, and apparently some new rules associated with it.  And it looks like there will be NO non-unique YT-1300 pilots.

Slave 1  has 3 Attack, 2 Agility, 5?? Hull, and 5 Shields.  Looks like it has a front and back firing arc. Comes with 4 pilots, 12 upgrades, and new rules and mission. Not sure if there will be any non-unique firespray pilots.

A-wing has 2 Attack, 3 Agility, 2 Hull, and 2 Shields.  Comes with 4 pilots (including Tycho Celchu) and 5 upgrades.

TIE Interceptor has 3 Attack, 3 Agility, 3 Hull, and No Shields. Comes with 6 pilots (including Soontir Fel), 2 upgrades, and a new action called Boost.

What do you guys think?

Roy

I think it denotes a 360 firing arc maybe?

#4 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:35 AM

I think the cost will vary by pilot.  But that might be an 8 Hull value.  I did notice that one of the Falcon pilots have a 1 Pilot Skill Value.  Leia maybe?

Roy

#5 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:37 AM

Prathin said:

drkjedi35 said:

First thoughts:

What do you guys think?

Roy

I think it denotes a 360 firing arc maybe?

Maybe the primary weapon uses the regular arc and a secondary weapon is 360.  That's the way it should be.

Roy

#6 Highball

Highball

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:39 AM

Yes, point cost will vary by pilot.  I was just using it as a base point to think about how the ship fits in squad building.

X-Wing: High 20's

Y-Wing: High 20's

A-Wing: Mid 20's

Falcon: 40's

TIE: Mid teens

TA: 20's

TI: High teens

Slave 1: ???

#7 Shanturin

Shanturin

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:01 AM

These are really great news :D The stats are more or less what I expected, though I thought A-wing will be even more fragile (like, say, 3 Hull and no Shields or 2 Hull and single Shield).

I'm curious how A-wings are going to use Cluster and Concussion Missiles (both cards are clearly seen on the photo) since they have no Target Lock action? Also can't wait to see how Slave's & Falcon's firing arcs and Boost action works (something like 'make another manouver' would be awesome). Pity that Celhu's special rule is unreadable :P

BTW, am I wrong, or is there a "1" white turn on Falcon's maneuver dial? 0.o

May my blade be sharp. May I sculpt a new fate for my enemies.

#8 DavicusPrime

DavicusPrime

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:02 AM

Santa, I know what I want for Christmas.

Looks like The falcon has an all around fire arc for at least one weapon (the swirly arrow on the base) and the Slave-1 has a front and rear arc.  very interesting…  And the vast number of upgrades and specials with the mediums makes them must haves.

I guess Boost answers the question of how with the interceptors get to go faster if 5 is the max speed move template for every body.

Yup…  I'm gonna be buying at least 4 TIE Interceptors. 

-DavicusPrime

#9 Gazery

Gazery

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:03 AM

Sorry to nit-pick, but Slave 1 comes with 4 shields not 5.

#10 Gazery

Gazery

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:06 AM

And I think it says 6 Hull not 5(on Slave 1), but I could be wrong there.

#11 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:14 AM

Shanturin said:

I'm curious how A-wings are going to use Cluster and Concussion Missiles (both cards are clearly seen on the photo) since they have no Target Lock action?

According to the pic, the A-wing DOES have Target Lock.  You can see the icon on the Pilot Card and the Base, and there are Target Lock tokens by the cards.

Roy

#12 tiepilot1138

tiepilot1138

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:18 AM

drkjedi35 said:

I think the cost will vary by pilot.  But that might be an 8 Hull value.  I did notice that one of the Falcon pilots have a 1 Pilot Skill Value.  Leia maybe?

Roy

Could be C3P0.  He did pilot it (quite badly) in at least one of the books! 

#13 Shanturin

Shanturin

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:22 AM

drkjedi35 said:

According to the pic, the A-wing DOES have Target Lock.  You can see the icon on the Pilot Card and the Base, and there are Target Lock tokens by the cards.

Roy

Well, actually, the symbols on the Tycho's ship card are (left to right): Focus, Barrel Roll, Boost, Evade :P But you're right, the base and presence of the tokens indicates that A-wing has a Target Lock action. Possible misprint? That would be sad, I was so excited to see spinning A-wings :(

#14 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:26 AM

Shanturin said:

drkjedi35 said:

Roy

Well, actually, the symbols on the Tycho's ship card are (left to right): Focus, Barrel Roll, Boost, Evade :P But you're right, the base and presence of the tokens indicates that A-wing has a Target Lock action. Possible misprint? That would be sad, I was so excited to see spinning A-wings :(

That is not Barrel Roll on the card.  It is Target Lock.

Roy

#15 DavicusPrime

DavicusPrime

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:34 AM

A's have to have target lock, they carry missiles.

I suspect that A's have: Focus, Target Lock, evade and Boost.

The TIE interceptor has: Focus, Evade, Barrel Roll and Boost

-DavicusPrime

Edit: Looks like not all A's get target lock and there's a third kind of missile upgrade card pictured.  Perhaps the new missile doesn't require target lock, and not all pilots can take the concussion and cluster missiles which required it.

Very interesting, indeed.

#16 vadersson

vadersson

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:41 AM

I scoured the images at 200% to try and find interesting details.  Several upgrade cards are reused from previous sets (Cluster and concussion missiles at the least.)  I have begun updating my spreadsheet with most of the data.  I won't have it posted until later however.  I think I figured out most of the TIE and A-wing pilots, but only 2 of the Falcon (Han and Lando) and only Boba for Slave I.  It also appears that unlike the fighters, some of the stats and actions may actually change with the medium class ships.  I suspect that the lowest skill pilot for each will be generic.

I will try and strain my eyes more later and scrounge up more details.

Thanks,

Duncan

Gold 109 (ret.)

Wesa need Gungans!

#17 herozeromes

herozeromes

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:43 AM

I called it as far as the pilots who would be in the release for the Falcon. However, I really thought they'd introduce a co-pilot component as one of the marquee features of this expansion, so the fact that Han, Chewie, Lando, and Nien are all separate pilots bums me out. Now, the announcement does say that they bring some rule changes to the game so I suppose that could be one of them, but it doesn't look promising.

#18 Shanturin

Shanturin

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:46 AM

Roy, are we both talking about the same picture? This one? -> http://www.fantasyfl...wx08-layout.png

'Cause to me the second action on the visible (the last to the right) card is certainly NOT Target Lock ;) 

Ninja edit: DavicusPrime - diffrent pilots having diffrent actions on the same ship? That's an intresting idea.

#19 Gazery

Gazery

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:04 AM

I think you are right, the pilot card on the furthest right does look like it has a barrel roll, but the pilot card on the furthest left - you can just see some of the second icon poking out - this dosn't look like a barrel roll and could be a target lock. Which could imply that different pilots have different abilities, or it's a mistake.

#20 DavicusPrime

DavicusPrime

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:08 AM

Or….  ITS A TRAP!!!! 

-DavicusPrime

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS