Labyrinth Games in Washington DC

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 sydwys8

sydwys8

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:58 AM

There is going to be an Android: Netrunner tournament at Labyrinth Games in DC on Sunday, November 4th.

Labyrinth Games is located at 645 Pennsylvania SE, Washington, DC 20003 within a block of the Eastern Market Metro.

#2 ShubFan27

ShubFan27

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:03 AM

Any more info on this event?  I'm interested in what the prizes are, the start time, etc.  I'm about four hours away but definitely want to make it over to practice for worlds the following weekend.

#3 sydwys8

sydwys8

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:46 AM

The event will start at 11am. We intended the event to act as a practice for Worlds. We are still hashing out details for prize support  and will post when we have more info.

#4 cipheragentnine

cipheragentnine

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

Anyone in the Baltimore/DC area for casual play and all that? Might be interested in the tourney, too!

#5 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

I'm here in NoVa / DC but very new.

#6 sydwys8

sydwys8

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:10 AM

The goal of this event is to build the area Netrunner group. We're going to have demos as well as the tournament if space allows. The game is only a few months old, so everyone is new! 

#7 JoshTheStampede

JoshTheStampede

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

Would anyone be interested in meeting up at Labyrinth sometime in October to play some Netrunner and maybe prepare for the tournament a bit?

#8 skeleton

skeleton

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:49 AM

JoshTheStampede said:

Would anyone be interested in meeting up at Labyrinth sometime in October to play some Netrunner and maybe prepare for the tournament a bit?

I'd really love the opportunity to play before the tournament — haven't played since my buddy bust out his old cards in July. Probably need to buy a second set after I get the swing of things.

#9 JoshTheStampede

JoshTheStampede

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

Well I'm close by so it's easy for me to get there. What day/time would be best for people?

#10 cipheragentnine

cipheragentnine

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:49 AM

Hey Josh, you weren't on IM and I saw others posting on here anyway. How about Saturday? I could get downtown basically any time in the afternoon.

#11 sydwys8

sydwys8

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

Hey guys, just so you know, there is a kids' D&D day happening Saturday afternoon and a pokemon class after that. If you wanted to come by Sunday (or reserve a table for Sunday) that should be fine. You can see our event calendar on our website at Labyrinthgameshop.com or call the store at 202-544-1059.

#12 skeleton

skeleton

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:53 AM

Darn. Wish I'd seen this earlier. Is anybody heading down to play/already there?

#13 sydwys8

sydwys8

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:02 AM

ShubFan27 said:

Any more info on this event?  I'm interested in what the prizes are, the start time, etc.  I'm about four hours away but definitely want to make it over to practice for worlds the following weekend.

So:

What:

Android: Netrunner Tournament and Free Play

Where:

Labyrinth Games and Puzzles

645 Pennsylvania Ave SE

When:

Sunday, November 4th, 11am

We will be running demos along with the tournament. We're hoping to build a Netrunner community here in DC, so this event will act as a meet-and-greet. We have limited space and are unsure how popular the event will be. If you would like to ensure yourself a space, please call the shop at 202-544-1059.

#14 sydwys8

sydwys8

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:33 PM

We will be charging a $5 entry fee to cover prize support. Please email kathleen@labyrinthgameshop.com or call us at 202-544-1059 to sign up.

#15 sydwys8

sydwys8

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:50 AM

We have just confirmed that we will have the Game Night Kit for this event.

#16 Big Borg

Big Borg

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

sydwys8 said:

We will be charging a $5 entry fee to cover prize support. Please email kathleen@labyrinthgameshop.com or call us at 202-544-1059 to sign up.

Kathleen,

Thank you for supporting the game.  I live in Wilmington, DE (3 hrs. away). I can't make this weekend's event, but will try to attend the others.

#17 Big Borg

Big Borg

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 06:58 PM

Found a tournament report on the Washington, DC event on the Board Games Geek site:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/879798/washington-d-c-tourney-report

Sounds like everyone had a great time!!  10 players showed up.

#18 bhosp

bhosp

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

I wasn't able to make it. Any word on when a next one would be?

#19 byronczimmer

byronczimmer

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:46 AM

Sydwys (who is not Kathleen btw) indicated something would start up after the holidays wind down.

#20 Big Borg

Big Borg

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

I believe the third Netrunner tournament at Labyrinth will be on Januray 6th.  I visited the store on Thursday.

Here is the contact info:

http://www.labyrinth.../Home_Page.html

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS