Unboxing X-Wing

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ImhotepMagi

ImhotepMagi

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:18 AM

Sorry for the double post, but the last one came out all messed up. If a moderator or someone could delete it I would appreciate it.

I did a Target run yesterday and picked up my first Core set. I did an unboxing on my blog:

http://deepdarkdunge...i-unboxing.html

Enjoy!

#2 El_Tonio

El_Tonio

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:58 AM

Thanks for the awesome unboxing report.  I almost feel like I lived it myself (though I still can't wait to actually live it myself). I, like you, was willing to buy one at Target to get it now while I waited for my preorder.  Sadly, while there is a space on the shelf for the game, the game was nowhere to be found even after asking someone in the toy dept. if they had any in the back.

REBEL: 5 X-Wing  •  3 Y-Wing  •  3 A-Wing  •  3 YT-1300  •  4 B-Wing  •  1 HWK-290  •  7 Z-95 Headhunter  •  2 E-Wing

IMPERIAL: 8 TIE Fighter  •  3 TIE Advanced X1  •  5 TIE Interceptor  • 3 Firespray 31  •  6 TIE Bomber  •  2 Lambda Class Shuttle  •  2 TIE Phantom  •  2 TIE Defender

#3 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:12 AM

That was a very enjoyable article! I loved it! 

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#4 Parakitor

Parakitor

• Members
  • 974 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:18 AM

You have an excellent blogging voice. I'm not near as entertaining. Thanks for sharing your unboxing with us!

"That starship won't fly, Bastila."

#5 kingsfan2099

kingsfan2099

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:07 AM

You have the same fabric I bought to play the game on. Now if I could just get my game. lol

#6 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:08 AM

Thanks, that was an entertaining read! 

(and you're right about the A-wing…)

#7 IG-58

IG-58

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:10 PM

I saw 6 or 7 core sets in Target Boutique today, and had to look the box over. I will say, those models are absolutely friggin' gorgeous - and yes, very delicate indeed. The TIEs' panels look almost paper-thin, but very straight & clean. And of course, those X-Wing cannons! I did look at the first five boxes on the shelf and didn't see a single busted one, so here's hoping everyone's arrive in similar good order. A few cannons had some warping, however; it will take some courage to apply the hot-water solution to such a spendy little mini!

I have to wonder if this is a shrewd move by Target, though - especially in a poopy little town like mine. With it's base price-point and just three ships, X-Wing is kinda a game for the diehard fan; and most of those (us) will have found and ordered the thing online at a substantial discount already. Can't see them moving real fast at forty bucks in Podunk, USA. Well, we'll see - I'll be watching the shelf just out of curiosity!

#8 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

IG-58 said:

I saw 6 or 7 core sets in Target Boutique today, and had to look the box over. I will say, those models are absolutely friggin' gorgeous - and yes, very delicate indeed. The TIEs' panels look almost paper-thin, but very straight & clean. And of course, those X-Wing cannons! I did look at the first five boxes on the shelf and didn't see a single busted one, so here's hoping everyone's arrive in similar good order. A few cannons had some warping, however; it will take some courage to apply the hot-water solution to such a spendy little mini!

I have to wonder if this is a shrewd move by Target, though - especially in a poopy little town like mine. With it's base price-point and just three ships, X-Wing is kinda a game for the diehard fan; and most of those (us) will have found and ordered the thing online at a substantial discount already. Can't see them moving real fast at forty bucks in Podunk, USA. Well, we'll see - I'll be watching the shelf just out of curiosity!

so buy more sets when the game hits clearance for 7.49 :D it's classic target.

aaand.. i don't get what's so cool about unboxing videos. i guess it gives free marketing to ffg. maybe i'm just old.

#9 IG-58

IG-58

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:47 AM

qwertyuiop said:

IG-58 said:

so buy more sets when the game hits clearance for 7.49 :D it's classic target.

"That's the plan!"

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS