41 replies to this topic

#1 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:41 AM

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp

First data pack cycle finally announced. Includes a new runner.

#2 LordxMgen

LordxMgen

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

Lol at Zork reference on Whizzard. not sure how text adventures survived that log in Androids universe but i support it!

#3 crawdadr

crawdadr

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

It is a good thing that they are working on traces first. That should make the media corp more of an option then it is now.

#4 Alexca1

Alexca1

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:33 AM

Oh boy. I can't wait. I wish for these things so it can really be a MERRY christmas at my house!

#5 Ariston

Ariston

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

I wonder when we're going to see identities that aren't 45/15? I can imagine play–testing them for balance in an environment where everyone else is at those numbers as a potential difficulty, however.

#6 radiskull

radiskull

• Members
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

I am fairly certain that Whizzard is intended to be FFG's Kevin Wilson. :)

#7 sinnerfold

sinnerfold

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:54 PM

So if we're going to be doing 3x20 then it stands to reason that in any data pack that gives us a new runner or corp identity, that data pack would be giving us 3 identity cards for three different factions.

Wouldn't mind seeing deluxe expansions be FFG's way of giving us a new faction.

#8 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:09 PM

hmmm i do hope we get new corps… I am really worried that the game is not set up well to add new corperatons…

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#9 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

We likely won't see totally new corps or runner types until we see a deluxe expansion. 

#10 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

exactly.. i thnk taht is a major mistake.. we should see new corp identity cards but it seams that the way they have designed the game will mean it will be hard for new corps identities to be added.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#11 The Mick

The Mick

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:26 PM

radiskull said:

I am fairly certain that Whizzard is intended to be FFG's Kevin Wilson. :)

I thought the exact same thing! lol

#12 LordxMgen

LordxMgen

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:29 PM

i dont think its a big deal. the factions/identities we have are good enough. if anything else id like to see many of the more underrepresented styles (trace, whatever the heck Haas is supposed to do) be more fully featured and usable. NBN needs more win conditions IN HOUSE like psychographics or a cheaper alternative to  just slapping in 8-12 points of Scorched Earth (maybe something that does 2 or 3 damage if traced idk) so it can be more playable.

either way, id like the current faction strategies fleshed out ALOT MORE before we start adding entirely new ones. maybe after genesis?

#13 impaulm

impaulm

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

booored said:

exactly.. i thnk taht is a major mistake.. we should see new corp identity cards but it seams that the way they have designed the game will mean it will be hard for new corps identities to be added.

It might be best to at least wait until the first data packs start coming out before calling  any of the developers moves "major mistakes". 

#14 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

impaulm said:

booored said:

It might be best to at least wait until the first data packs start coming out before calling  any of the developers moves "major mistakes". 

everything on a forum is speculation… but that is how it is looking..

#15 Tokhuah

Tokhuah

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

Corporations have a variety of divisions.  For example, Symantec has customer facing anti-spam and security software, but they have other interests including military contracts.  And how about Dow Chemical?  Let's not even go there… 

I can see Corps diversifying as much as Runners.

Speaking as an Anarchist player I am not loving the new guy as a concept.  What I am hoping for are some additional killer viruses to make more Noise!

It would also be nice to have some bioroids that are not so easy to just click off…

#16 Scautura

Scautura

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

Looking at the splayed cards in the middle:

Project Beale:

Rez: 3
Agenda: Score 1

When you score Project Beale, place 1 agenda counter on it for every 2 advancement tokens on it over 3.
Project Beale is worth 1 additional agenda point for each agenda counter on it.

This sounds similar to World Domination in implementation - WD gave extra agenda points when you scored it (but didn't cost extra for those points), but only gave the runner the base number of points. PB looks like it's good for faking out the runner - that unrezzed card with 5 advancement tokens on it, is it Project Junebug (taken as an OOF card), or is it Project Beale? Now the runner has to think a little harder.

Ourobouros (spelling may be incorrect) looks like it extends the Trace mechanism - I can't tell the values, but one trace prevents the runner from running again that turn, the second one ends the turn. So, break the trace subroutines, or let them activate and wiggle out of them?

Ash 2X3ZB9CY does something similar as an upgrade, but I can't see the text well enough. It prevents access to something related if the trace is successful.

Creeper looks like it has a variable memory cost based on the base link strength, but again, I can't see the text properly because it's hidden behind another card.

Looks interesting (to me) as a Classic Netrunner player - taking the game in both a new direction, while also taking inspiration from the original.

#17 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:22 PM

sinnerfold said:

So if we're going to be doing 3x20 then it stands to reason that in any data pack that gives us a new runner or corp identity, that data pack would be giving us 3 identity cards for three different factions.

It's a bit odd because the preview article says it includes a new identitiy for each of the factions. That's a total of seven cards, leaving two card slots for something else…

#18 Scautura

Scautura

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

Scautura said:

Project Beale:

Rez: 3
Agenda: Score 1

When you score Project Beale, place 1 agenda counter on it for every 2 advancement tokens on it over 3.
Project Beale is worth 1 additional agenda point for each agenda counter on it.

This sounds similar to World Domination in implementation - WD gave extra agenda points when you scored it (but didn't cost extra for those points), but only gave the runner the base number of points. PB looks like it's good for faking out the runner - that unrezzed card with 5 advancement tokens on it, is it Project Junebug (taken as an OOF card), or is it Project Beale? Now the runner has to think a little harder.

___

I hate the way these forums work…

As pointed out somewhere else, Project Beale == Project Babylon, not World Domination - I never had one of those, so it wasn't top of my memory.

#19 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:30 PM

booored said:

You are confusing identity with factions. We already know we are getting new identities, we have seen one already for Anarch in this thread that I posted at the start. New factions is what I was referring to and we probably won't see those till a deluxe expansion if at all. We already have 7 factions to flesh out. I don't see the need for new factions so soon for either side of things.

#20 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:38 PM

jhaelen said:

sinnerfold said:

It's a bit odd because the preview article says it includes a new identitiy for each of the factions. That's a total of seven cards, leaving two card slots for something else…

A new identity for each faction does not mean we will see them all in one pack. We might but too early to say either way, might be one in each of the 6 packs and then one pack comes with two of them to make it 7. Also each expansion cycle is 120 distinct cards. Really not sure how you get that means there is two slots left for something else. Even if all seven new identities come in the first pack that still leaves 13 cards in that pack.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS