• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Balefirestorm

Balefirestorm

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:05 PM

Hi,

Quick question. Is it possible to use personal stories without the Innsmouth Horror board? reason is the Fail card for Amanda Sharpe. If I would like to use only Personal stories but nothing else from the IH box, how should this be handled?

Cheers

#2 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 12:05 AM

You certainly can use use the Personal Story cards without the Innsmouth Board ~ obviously, with Amanda, you'll need to be creative as to the "Fail" option.  I'm playing a series of games in which I'm using the AH+DH+KH boards, all 32 Investigators and 16 Great Old Ones.  In each game, I randomly select 4 Investigators and a GOO…once used, they're discarded until I go through all of the Investigators and half of the GOO pile, and then the 32 Investigators again randomly selected against the othe half of the remaining GOOs.  In every game, I use the Personal Story cards and it adds quite a bit of fun and flavor.

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

#3 Tbla

Tbla

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 01:53 AM

As the professor said, the personal stories ad quite a lot of fun and you should be able to use them in all games but unfortunately you have to adjust them a bit sometimes.

As for Amanda, I would say that you should do the things that are possible (have her devoured) and if you feel like it you could always put another monster in her place or simply take a deep one from the IH and use it.

#4 Tox

Tox

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:17 AM

Balefirestorm said:

Hi,

Quick question. Is it possible to use personal stories without the Innsmouth Horror board? reason is the Fail card for Amanda Sharpe. If I would like to use only Personal stories but nothing else from the IH box, how should this be handled?

Cheers

Yeah, why not? Or you separate monster tokens too? If that's the case, have the Deep One that appears the ONLY Deep One that will ever enter play when you're not using IH, so that it's unique (think Mask).

#5 Balefirestorm

Balefirestorm

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

Thanks for the advice. I'll try using a random monster from the cup instead of a Deep One, if someone actually draws that character.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS