Pay one credit - +1 Strength payable ability on Icebreakers, like Crypsis

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Stabintheface

Stabintheface

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:31 AM

When I use this ability, does the Icebreaker keep the extra strength forever? That's the way i've been playing it, since there are other cards that specify that the extra strength for them is limited to one run or so. Just wanted to make sure and get your input. Thanks!

#2 UnhappyYak

UnhappyYak

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:50 AM

Stabintheface said:

When I use this ability, does the Icebreaker keep the extra strength forever? That's the way i've been playing it, since there are other cards that specify that the extra strength for them is limited to one run or so. Just wanted to make sure and get your input. Thanks!

From page 16 of the rulebook:

Many icebreakers allow the Runner to temporarily increase the icebreaker’s strength by spending credits. (…) This strength increase lasts only while the current piece of ice is being encountered, unless otherwise noted by card abilities. After an encounter with a piece of ice, the icebreaker’s strength returns to the value shown on its card.

So the strength increase only lasts for that encounter with that particular ice. The ones that keep the strength boost through the whole run are actually at an advantage.

#3 Stabintheface

Stabintheface

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:53 AM

Okay, so that means that Gordian Blades +1 strength ability is better than Crypsis' ability? In that crypsis +1 (or how many you choose to add) only lasts for one ICE and Gordian Blades last for an entire RUN? Is that correct?

#4 PMAvers

PMAvers

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:01 AM

Yeah, although Crypsis has a advantage in that it can break a subroutine on *any* kind of ICE.

#5 Stabintheface

Stabintheface

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:09 AM

Cool! Thanks a lot!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS