Using Signature wargear on different levels

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Grimze

Grimze

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:29 AM

I'm playing as an assault marine and i have asked my GM about his opinion about using different levels of signature wargear,,

The situation is, that i want a pair of lightning claws. They cost 45 for a pair.

If i use the Master level, i can buy 1 for 30 (having 10 in remain). I will then use a common level of Signature wargear (20 points) to buy the other one.

Would any allow that? Imo it would be possible. Ofc i wouldn't allow combinations to reach higher amounts (master + hero fx to reach termy armour).

Your opinions?

#2 Gantz the slaughterer

Gantz the slaughterer

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:02 AM

personally disagree…

the lightning claws are revered weapons… and until you cannot take the sig.war.hero… you cannot have both….

(don't forget the bonus of the master level signature wargear)

otherwise you can take it spending requisition point…

(remember that in order to take the signature wargear master, you must first take the signature wargear)

cheers

#3 herichimo

herichimo

• Members
  • 891 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:55 AM

Grantz makes an interesting point.

Would a marine have a "pair" of lightning claws that are not designed to work together at the same time?

Well, maybe, but I'd find it kinda wierd… "Dude why is your left lighning claw bigger than your right?" "Uuuuhhhh, I don't want to talk about it!"

Even if I'd allow it, there would be no way any Master level bonuses would affect the lightning claw special rule when using 2 claws. Not sure if the special rule can be affected by Master level, but if it could I wouldn't allow it.

Grantz is also correct about sig wargear.

In order to purchase Signature Wargear (Master) you must first purchase Signature Wargear. When you purchase Master it replaces the normal signature wargear item. (You do not therefore have 2 Signature Wargear items, only one.) There is a second signature wargear advance at rank 5 iirc. But you only get a single Master advance in the tables.

So you can have:
1 Normal or Master (if upgraded with Sig Wargear (Master)) Sig Wargear
1 Normal Sig Wargear
INF Sig Wargear (Hero)

#4 andrewm9

andrewm9

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:57 AM

My suggestion woudl be to work out a deal with your GM and see if you can get the pair as an elite advance. Maybe a little more expensive than signature wargear (Master). Presumably your PC will have done something to deserve the honor of carrying this piece of sacred wargear too.

#5 Kasatka

Kasatka

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:38 AM

andrewm9 said:

My suggestion woudl be to work out a deal with your GM and see if you can get the pair as an elite advance. Maybe a little more expensive than signature wargear (Master). Presumably your PC will have done something to deserve the honor of carrying this piece of sacred wargear too.

I'm very against players bypassing the mechanics of levelling up their renown and paying for wargear legitimately, just because it'd be 'cool' to have something on their character sooner. It defies the whole point of RPing. If you want a pair of lightning claws, act like a marine that deserves a pair and you'll soon get them.

Only the insane have strength enough to prosper.

Only those that prosper may truly judge what is sane.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS