Great feedback. Thank you.
Let's see if I can address some issues.
James… 1) I set it up initially that any value in the box counted as a yes, I tend to just mark things with an "x". But the dropdown sounds like a good idea. I will add the Yes/No option, but I will probably also add a blank space that will be the same as No to the dropdown.
2) That is something I haven't seen. My first guess is he may have had "spaces" in the purchased boxes. Again, any value would add to the count. If he was clearing boxes with the spacebar rather than actually deleteing them, it would cause problems. Do you know what a career/spec/species combo he had? I would like to try duplicating it to see if I have a formula error somewhere.
3) I should be able to get the headers on each section. Your right, it would be easier to track what's what on the lower part of the screen that way.
4) Another good idea that should be easily fixed.
5) I'd like to keep the bonus choice options close to where the bonus skill for the species is listed, that being said, with all the space available in the vertical directions, I should be able to adjust the layout in some fashion that will help resolve the width issue.
6) That is one of the issues I need to work on, and it carries throughout the sheet. When you change anything on the earlier tabs, what was already selected elsewhere based on the initial selection still remains. I haven't found an easy way to fix that. And I will change the dropdown to 'Default'.
Second post: Underworld… understood.
Away… I know there is an issue when picking your 4th and 2nd skills. I have tried a few fixes that didn't work as intended. But for now, when you get the pop-up, click 'retry' and then try clicking into a different box without deleting your 4th/2nd entry. Usually that works, unless you deleted a previous entry using the spacebar. As I said above, spaces are still counted as an entry. Deleting is the only way to 'unselect' an existing choice.
Darkrose… I have added an excel 2003 copy… here It looks like it still works, but let me know if it works for you. Thanks.
Thanks again for your input. I will work on these changes and other additions as I can.