little question about all extensions talisman

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jojudo

jojudo

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:59 AM

hi, I'm new to this forum and I'd like to tell you a little hello..i did not know the talisman games before I buy them and there are 2 weeks.i am so addicted that i buy all the expansion the following except n frotsmarch which was no more available. anyway I want to know if it is possible to make a game with all extensions together.thank for your answer.

#2 Velhart

Velhart

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

jojudo said:

hi, I'm new to this forum and I'd like to tell you a little hello..i did not know the talisman games before I buy them and there are 2 weeks.i am so addicted that i buy all the expansion the following except n frotsmarch which was no more available. anyway I want to know if it is possible to make a game with all extensions together.thank for your answer.

Hello Jojudo,

Welcome to the world of Talisman:)

Yes, you can use all expansions together.

This makes the game more fun too!

Greetings,

Velhart

#3 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

Welcome to Talisman. All games play together, intentionally, but some players favor other expansions over others, or don't use ones that don't play or work as well for them.

I use all the sets, but with the Dragon set, I'm inclined to vary the play by:

Using the board, Dragon realm only - have not been inclined to try the Tower side of the board, but I will use the alt endings with the non-Tower side, plus all the scales and the play that follows from them; Dragon decks, etc.

or we don't use the board but still use scales, decks and alt endings. Or occasionally skip alt. endings.

#4 gloomhaunt

gloomhaunt

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:20 AM

Glad you've discovered Talisman and are enjoying it. It's been my favorite game ever since I first played it at a friend's house a long time ago in high school, that was second edition. Although you can certainly play the game with all of the expansions, I'd recommend playing the core game and then try the game with one expansion and next game with a different one. Mainly so you can enjoy more fully what each expansion brings to the game. After that you can have a lot of fun with a full blown all expansion game setting with werewolves and death stalking the board, dragons and a multitude of options to explore on your race for the crown (or other ending). The only drawback with playing with absolutely everything is that there are so many adventure cards that most of the flavor or synchronicity of any given set will get washed out. Have fun!

#5 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 613 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 03:32 AM

Gloomhaunt is on the mark here. I do think that the amount of Blood Moon adventure cards added do color the overall game more to those concepts; mostly with the change of day to night, etc. But on average the Blood Moon cards are 1 out of 4 cards.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS