Photo

2nd time as keeper… is there a way for the keeper to put out fire?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ladyrant

ladyrant

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:30 AM

So recently, I played a game against my husband––he played two investigators (Jenny & Dexter). My objective for the Inner Sanctum was to bring 4 cultists into the chapel to summon a cthonian and wait for the resolution of the event card.

I had two cultists chasing the investigators back to the chapel when the event card that brought in a cultist leader through the chapel front doors was flipped. The cultist leader then special attacked the investigators, twice, setting Dexter to critical health & sanity and setting the chapel on fire. Jenny & Dexter were both able to then stun two of the cultists, and run down the ladder to the chasm. Only my cultist leader was able to move, which he promptly chased them into the chasm… where he then set that room on fire too. The altar closest to the chapel was separated by a burning room and also the chapel was burning.

I was unable to summon the cthonian or even get 4 in there in time because they'd almost burn to death and then Jenny or Dexter would pop in to finish them.  I tried the other altar point to get the cultists there, but my husband figured my plan, put in a barrier to slow down my cultists, got Dexter back up to health & mental health and sent Dexter to keep that area clear of cultists. He also giggled madly when he found the fire extinguisher later.

I lost horribly, but it was quite funny because I was one cultist away from summoning and possibly killing them off. So, is there a way for the keeper to put out fire, or will cultists never learn fire safety?

#2 thecoldwarrior

thecoldwarrior

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:24 AM

Yup, the keeper can put out fires. I don't recall if it was available in this particular scenario without looking it up. If you use Uncontrollable Urges on an investigator with the fire extinguisher you can force the investigator to use it on a fire. Granted its fairly conditional but it is possible. Sounds like a pretty good game to me especially since it was a close one.

#3 ladyrant

ladyrant

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

Ah, thanks! I did not even think about that. I'll have to remember that next time a minion sets fire to a room :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS