Photo

First time playing the game: Where is Walter Lynch?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Quatro

Quatro

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:51 PM

Hi guys. My wife just bought me Mansion of Madness a few days ago for my birthday present. I was very surprised as how detailed the game was. And I must say that this must be the BEST board game I have played in my entire life so far. Keep up the awesome work, Fantasy Flight.

So I studied the rules carefully for a few days and manage to get a few friends to play along with. The story we choose was "Story 1: The Fall of House Lynch" and I was the keeper.

The game went a bit slow with the investigators (as to they were having fun killing zombies and maniac man) but it went pretty well and they manage to find 2 clues. While they were looking for the third clue, the 4th event card triggers. The 4th event card states that i must reveal the objectives, and so i did.

The investigators objective was to kill Walter Lynch (maniac figure). But there was no Walter Lynch in the map. Since it was our first time playing the game, we all assume that Walter was the maniac that I summon using maniac attack earlier in the game. So in the end, they end poor Wally's life with an Axe to the head and The Investigators won.

Now may I ask, did we played it wrong? Should The Investigators look for Clue 3, reveal Walter and then kill him? Or thematically, what we did was acceptable?

Thanks in advance guys and sorry for the long post. :P

P/s: Please ignore my bad english. I'm from Malaysia.

#2 Quatro

Quatro

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:24 AM

My Mistake. They were looking for Clue 1, not Clue 3. I got mixed up.

#3 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,291 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:25 AM

Investigators need to find Clue 1 to put Walter into play, they can't kill him without finding Clue 1 as he isn't it play before that.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#4 Quatro

Quatro

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:37 AM

I see. So as i thought. LOL! I should have won that night. Thanks!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS