Photo

Is there a (very) good reason to buy more than one TIE or X-Wing expansion?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 El_Tonio

El_Tonio

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:01 PM

I just spent a fair amount of time going over the X-Wing spreadsheet that vadersson posted (a most excellent resource, so thanks for taking the time to put it all together).

It seems like it may not be worth buying more than one of the TIE and X-Wing boosters.

From the X-Wing expansion you are getting the R5 Astromech (the others ship or upgrade cards are unique so you can't use more than one and/or are also available in the starter).

From the TIE expansion, you get extra Swarm Tactics (but I'll get 1 if I get a single TIE expansion and 2 more in the 2 TIE Advanced expansions I'm getting -- otherwise everything is unique or in the starter).

Given this, it seems like I'd be better off getting just one of each expansion and adding another starter (that way I get an extra TIE and more dice etc. for only $5 more on Miniature Market).

Am I missing something?  Are the R5 and Swarm Tactics better than they look (do I need more than 1 R5 and 3 Swarm Tactics)?

I'm considering changing my order in the next day or so, so any thoughts would be appreciated.  Right now I ordered 2 of everything except the dice.  I'm thinking of changing it to 3 starters, 1 TIE, 1 X-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, and 2 TIE Advance.  Smart move, or am I better off keeping it as is?

#2 drkjedi35

drkjedi35

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:13 PM

El_Tonio said:

I'm thinking of changing it to 3 starters, 1 TIE, 1 X-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, and 2 TIE Advance.  Smart move, or am I better off keeping it as is?

You're thinking like me.  I have one starter now and 1 TIE, 1 X-wing, 2 Y-wings, and 2 TIE Advanced on order.  I plan on picking up 1 more starter.  This will give me 5 TIEs, 3 X-wings, 2 Y-wings, and 2 TIE Advanced.  Should be all that I need for a variety of squad builds.  Just can't wait for my first tournament!

Roy

#3 vadersson

vadersson

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:59 AM

I have so far gone with more starters as they give you the markers and dice as well.  The R5 is the big thing I would be considering, but I don 't yet know how important he will be.

Thanks,
Duncan

Gold 109 (ret.)

Wesa need Gungans!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS