Reference Sheets

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#1 gribble

gribble

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

Based on the good work of TonganJedi and sumqui , I decided to put together a consistent and comprehensive set of reference sheets. They're designed to be printed 2 sided (or I guess two to a page, although the font might get pretty small), and cover character creation (first two sheets), general reference (second two sheets), combat reference - personal and starship/vehicle (third two sheets) and finally the spending advantage/threat/etc examples (a single sheet).

You can download them (as a single PDF) from: http://dl.dropbox.co...ence-Sheets.pdf

They should include the week 1 updates. Happy to take any suggested corrections and/or additions for things that are missing!

:)

Star Wars Edge of the Empire (Beta test) resources

Reference Sheets | Combat Reference Sheet | Critical Cards | Talent Tree Reference

#2 Delwyn

Delwyn

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

Fantastic stuff Gribble - I'll definitely be making use of these sheets.

My suggestion for what to add would be a list of weapon and armour qualities and a summary of their effects.

Additionally, having page references for the various sections would make looking up details much quicker.

If you wanted to get really crazy, there's always the critical hit tables 

#3 gribble

gribble

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:11 PM

Delwyn said:

Fantastic stuff Gribble - I'll definitely be making use of these sheets.

My suggestion for what to add would be a list of weapon and armour qualities and a summary of their effects.

Additionally, having page references for the various sections would make looking up details much quicker.

If you wanted to get really crazy, there's always the critical hit tables 

Thanks for the suggestions… hadn't considered page references, but they make a lot of sense.

The other two (weapons/equipment and weapon qualities as a two pager) and critical hits (personal and starship/vehicle as a two pager) are already next on the list. Probably critical hits first, as it really annoys me that the supplementary tables (locations) weren't put on the same page as the tables, so I can't just photocopy the one page from the book - otherwise I would just do that!

Reference Sheets | Combat Reference Sheet | Critical Cards | Talent Tree Reference

#4 selderane

selderane

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:39 PM

I think you have the Obligation chart on page one backwards.  You have the recommended Obligation for a party of two as five per player and increasing from there up to 25 for a party of 6+.

Rebel: 4 X-Wings, 1 GR-75 Transport, 2 Y-Wings, 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300, 1 Corellian CR90

Imperial: 4 TIE Fighters, 2 TIE Interceptors, 2 TIE Advanced Fighters, 1 Firespray-31, 1 Lambda-class shuttle

#5 jamesewelch

jamesewelch

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:53 AM

Also should include a note about non-career skills costing an extra 5XP (or whatever the penalty is).

#6 skinnyghost

skinnyghost

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:48 AM

I've printed a set of six using the "booklet printing" option of Adobe.  It leaves you with an extra page you could probably put the critical hit table on!  The font size is actually pretty good.

I'd suggest as additions the page references and to add the XP cost for non-career skills.  Otherwise, really useful stuff!

#7 gribble

gribble

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:36 PM

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

I've incorporated all the feedback thus far (other than page references, which will take a little longer), and added weapons and critical tables in version 2:

https://dl.dropbox.c...e-Sheets-v2.pdf

Next update will be starship weapons, armor and other equipment, and then I think that's it, unless anyone else has other suggestions! I'm considering a skills and talents summary, although that will be sizable, probably take a lot of work and I'm not sure how useful it'll be…

#8 jamesewelch

jamesewelch

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

Dude. That's awesome.

#9 Delwyn

Delwyn

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:54 PM

Fantastic stuff - the version 1 sheets helped my group's first game session last night immensely, and the version 2 sheets improve on that

Many, many thanks to you for your work

#10 Sorthlador

Sorthlador

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

I'm not sure this is needed but if you felt like expanding it I was thinking about making a skills one. Mostly just a quick reference to how to spend threat and advantages. :)

Thanks again.

- "So Say We All" 

#11 lupex

lupex

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:40 AM

Sorthlador said:

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

I'm not sure this is needed but if you felt like expanding it I was thinking about making a skills one. Mostly just a quick reference to how to spend threat and advantages. :)

+1 for this but awesome job so far.

I would also like a skills list showing skills and appropriate charateristics as I haven't got that memorised yet.

#12 Rassilon

Rassilon

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

Nifty! Thank you.

#13 darkrose50

darkrose50

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:52 AM

Cool stuff!  I like it!

#14 jedimerc

jedimerc

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:36 AM

A great set of sheets.  I also turned into a booklet format… great ideas on all counts.

#15 gribble

gribble

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

Ok, I've uploaded the latest version, at the link above (https://dl.dropbox.c...ence-Sheets.pdf). Highlights:

• Added page number references.
  • Updated character creation to include information on species special abilities and starships.
  • Added skills.
  • Added armor, other gear and weapon, armor and vehicle upgrades/modifications.
  • Added using the Force.

This will likely be the last update, barring changes due to the weekly updates and/or any errors found. Enjoy!

#16 Sutter

Sutter

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:58 AM

AWESOME!!!

The only thing I've noticed is that you have a "Blank" spot listed on the Force Dice and the Force Dice doesn't have any "Blank" sides.  It's 8 DARK and 8 Light, but aside from that…..it's the perfect reference tool.

#17 gribble

gribble

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:42 AM

Sutter said:

The only thing I've noticed is that you have a "Blank" spot listed on the Force Dice and the Force Dice doesn't have any "Blank" sides.

Good catch! I've updated the sheets with this change, plus healing information and a general tidy up/clarification of some language.

#18 LethalDose

LethalDose

• Members
  • 782 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

Good stuff.  I'd recommend adding a column in the "skills" section that lists the skill(s) used to oppose check, or add it as a bullet point under each skill.

-WJL

"All models are wrong, but some models are useful."  - George E. P. Box

#19 gribble

gribble

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:17 PM

LethalDose said:

I'd recommend adding a column in the "skills" section that lists the skill(s) used to oppose check, or add it as a bullet point under each skill.

The third page already has this for social skills - unfortunately it won't fit with the skills… I could add Slealth and Skullduggery, are there any others that are missing?

#20 Mal Reynolds

Mal Reynolds

• Members
  • 683 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

hi

Excellent job Gribble, with these nuggets of information, I can make a more well-informed decision  whether to buy this game or not…oh who am I kidding, take my money already FFG. 

Still awesome job, I do see many similarities in game mechanics to WFRP. 

ciao 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS