No more cards from the stack.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Joe K.

Joe K.

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:58 AM

Although I have never seen this happen in a game, what happens to the runner if he has no more cards in his stack and he has to draw a card?

Does he:

1. Lose the game

or

2. Shuffle his heap and create a new stack?

#2 Treguard

Treguard

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

Surprise! It's Option 3. Nothing happens.

As drawing is purely optional for the runner, there is no effect from running out of cards- you just can't draw anymore. I guess it also means that you could be more at risk of getting flatlined if you lose your grip. 

#3 Thee Forsaken One

Thee Forsaken One

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:52 AM

Yeah you just continue. The main issue is that the Corp will be in a good position to flatline you since you'll have no way of replenishing your grip if you take damage.

#4 TheRealLeo

TheRealLeo

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

I actually recently saw this happen. A runner player had played Wyldside early on, but didn't have Aesop's to ditch it, and ended up going through his entire deck.

… his opponent was Jinteki. 

#5 Zoso

Zoso

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:25 PM

TheRealLeo said:

I actually recently saw this happen. A runner player had played Wyldside early on, but didn't have Aesop's to ditch it, and ended up going through his entire deck.

… his opponent was Jinteki. 

Ouch!!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS