A Biggs Darklighter Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Papa Guinness

Papa Guinness

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:58 AM

While playing a game a scenario arose where Biggs Darklighter's X-Wing was not in the firing arc of Darth Vader but  Horton Slam's Y-Wing was within the arc.  Biggs and Horton were within range one so according to Biggs' card : Other friendly ships at Range 1 cannot be targeted by attacks if attacker could target you instead.  My contention was that Vader could not shoot at Horton because he could target Biggs (via target lock) just not shoot at him.  Is my contention correct or am i over reading the card?

#2 R5Don4

R5Don4

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:08 AM

Papa, I think you got it wrong.  Biggs could not be attacked so his Special Ability would not help Horton.

Great forum http://www.afewmaneuvers.com/index

Looking for a game in the Greater Toronto Area?  We can hook you up https://www.facebook...ups/6738327518/

#3 Aahzmandius_Karrde

Aahzmandius_Karrde

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:10 AM

Target Lock is an action.  Biggs' card says "cannot be targeted by attacks if the attacker could target you instead".  They don't reuse the word attack the second time but that is the implication.  Step one of the combat phase is "Declare target" which says that it must be in range and inside the firing arc.

So since Vader can't declare Biggs as a target he's free to target Horton.  It's one of the good uses of a barrel roll if the roll will take Biggs out of your arc but leave another target within it.

Welcome to the FFG Star Wars RPG Index 

#4 Papa Guinness

Papa Guinness

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:19 AM

Thanks for the quick answers.  It was the conclusion we came to as well just wanted to be sure.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS